Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Teach the Controversy!" Facepalm*
"Teach the Controversy!" Facepalm*
Okay, okay. We have all heard some stupid creationist in invading our lives say "Teach the Controversy!" or some similar shit.

Well... No. Why the fuck teach the fuss. "Omg, have you heard that some people believe in a god that will burn them alive for an eternity if they don't believe, even though he never proves to us why he exists... LETS TEACH OUR CHILDREN!"

Facepalm*

Back the fuck of creationists, no one likes you if you keep smothering people in that shit (sorry for the language).

If you believe the controversy... Well may your god cure your schizophrenia.

~ Love- Your savior... Science.

[Image: ten-percent-brain.png]

RE: "Teach the Controversy!" Facepalm*
Creationism gives me ass cancer in my turtle balls.
(August 21, 2016 at 12:56 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Creationism gives me ass cancer in my turtle balls.

Creationism gives me an anal-anyurisim

[Image: teach_the_controversy_by_teews666-d3eggqe.jpg]

Fuck all creatards.
Its better to meditate on eternal hell, than be depressed, heavy addicted and think about the suicide. Religion provides the motivation for sad people to carry on.

I guess, to not feel like lonely idiots they try to recruit other people in to their righteous misery.
(August 21, 2016 at 1:39 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Its better to meditate on eternal hell, than be depressed, heavy addicted and think about the suicide. Religion provides the motivation for sad people to carry on.

I guess, to not feel like lonely idiots they try to recruit other people in to their righteous misery.

Then.use.my new ideology

I like to point out that they only interested in teaching a specific controversy, not all controversies.
Trouble is, there isn't a controversy to teach, at least not a real one. The while there are indeed scientific controversies (the relative importance of Ediacaran fossils, for example, or the value of manned space exploration), the one regarding creation/evolution isn't scientific, but political. There is NO serious scientific controversy regarding the fact of biological evolution.

If you MUST teach the 'controversy', get it out of a science class and put it into one called something like, 'The Societal Impact Of Willful Ignorance'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 21, 2016 at 7:30 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Trouble is, there isn't a controversy to teach, at least not a real one.  The while there are indeed scientific controversies (the relative importance of Ediacaran fossils, for example, or the value of manned space exploration), the one regarding creation/evolution isn't scientific, but political.  There is NO serious scientific controversy regarding the fact of biological evolution.

If you MUST teach the 'controversy', get it out of a science class and put it into one called something like, 'The Societal Impact Of Willful Ignorance'.

Boru

Won't fly with the fundies. They believe GOD gave them to the truth and we're the lying liars here.
Quote:Won't fly with the fundies.

Don't care. The notion that the scientific community must inconvenience itself to appease ignorant bigots is the whole problem.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson