Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Mitchell & Webb Look - Old Sherlock Holmes
That Mitchell & Webb Look - Old Sherlock Holmes
So in the penultimate episode of the hit comedy "That Mitchell & Webb Look", the pair joked about Blackadder ending the series with a sad, serious, scene (the lads climbing over the trench wall and into German gunfire). For the end of that episode, they did a similar slow motion scene, and at the end the words "Sod Cancer" came up as a sort of punchline.

Then, in this week's episode (the last of the current series), they did something for real. The start is funny, but wait and watch until the end of the sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZKWs7VA0lU

I'm not sure if any of you have relatives with Alzheimers, but I've heard that those moments of "clarity" that the sufferer sometimes gets can be the most heartbreaking. I'm glad they ended the show with such a powerful message.
RE: That Mitchell & Webb Look - Old Sherlock Holmes
My uncle committed suicide presumably during a moment of clarity. Even though we were all very sad and upset about it (obviously) I don't think any one of us didn't understand why he did it. We could see it when he felt so hopeless and it really pained him.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Is Worth A Look, I Think BrianSoddingBoru4 2 217 August 22, 2018 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  look at [i]this[/i] guy! jackman 2 1072 August 2, 2012 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: jackman
  You will never look at Mrs Doubtfire the same ever again frankiej 3 1289 June 16, 2012 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Annik
  Damned women - Look what she did to me. Dotard 4 1883 November 12, 2010 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Dotard
  Don't look at girls. Dotard 7 2035 September 8, 2010 at 5:08 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  That Mitchell and Webb Look Rob 8 3528 July 19, 2009 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  2 (late, damn, but who cares?) Christmas sketches by Mitchell And Webb Edwardo Piet 5 2529 December 31, 2008 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Dotard
  Some 'That Mitchell and Webb Look' Edwardo Piet 0 1336 December 26, 2008 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet