Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's all about you, my dear
It's all about you, my dear
This is not a Cabaret type of theme.

Life is tough. Mastering life is a combination of:

1-Luck: you need the right tools to climb the mount of greatness, these right tools include and are not limited to: (good health-perfect perception-being born in the right society-...etc)

2-Hard Work: hard work is impossible if luck wan't there in the first place to act as a pillar, supporting one's energy to work and produce.

Life is about dancing between these two points. But again, this is not a theater. Actually, these two points are only valid, when the crowed is human. Remember: it's a play led by human laws, for other humans.

Cats are not invited. Dogs too. Animals only act as slaves in this play, to their human masters. 

what about those humans though, who are born without luck? They try to hard work, but it's impossible without the right tools.
Humans like this little girl:

[Image: 0a54a4a276ae0025c714313b557c01c0.jpg]
(from Syria)

Even if luck was present, the right tools might be (and they are mostly are) unusable by the little ones; humans of certain age cannot use the right tools.

But what about the Quran? what does it say about this?

( Sura 57 Verse 20 )   Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.

Life -if one chose God to be his crowed- is nothing but "amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children".

Validating this verse against life yields to be true. The human crowed orders us to seek reproduction, work to increase one's wealth, in an infinite cycle that ends in death; like plants turning yellow; to die and get swiped with the wind.

Islam is a religion that calls humans to surrender to God; knowing that he is the witness; these humans? They'll keep demanding, and they will never ever be there when one dies, to live in they will define success for you -as they see fit-; sometimes it means working to death in rice farms, or breaking your back sitting on the same chair typing on the same keyboard drinking the same coffee mug.

Sometimes, they will take cash from you. In other situations they'll order you to go fight their wars;in a meaningless loop with a well known ending: DEATH.

TBH, it depends on the witness you choose. It depends on the bringer of mercy you pick.
RE: It's all about you, my dear
Life is shit, and religion lures the hurting and worn out masses with promises of an afterlife. That's not exactly a revelation...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Life is great. A chance to create solutions for our troubles. The JudeoChristianIslamic disdain for life is always evident in AtlasS3's posts. I will take a positive view of life and the Koran can burn.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Life is about finding and fucking the right partner
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I've just got to be honest. This didn't do anything for me. It sounded more like an emotional argument instead of a logical argument. I've tried the emotional line of thinking before and it was a bad choice.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
What does "Noddy goes Skiing" have to say about it?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Atlas, ultimately we all die, rich and poor alike. "Greatness" to me isn't a title or pay check, or even fame. It is simply our species empathy and compassion no matter where someone ends up. 7 billion humans and yes some will fair life better as far as stability than others, but that does not change the ride starts and ends the same way for all of us.
It is merely a question of who wants to be a slave and be handcuffed to an imaginary being. Break those handcuffs, free yourself from the tyranny that is religion and live your lives to the fullest. To be a slave and wear handcuffs, you might as well just be in prison.
(August 27, 2016 at 8:28 am)RobertE Wrote: It is merely a question of who wants to be a slave and be handcuffed to an imaginary being. Break those handcuffs, free yourself from the tyranny that is religion and live your lives to the fullest. To be a slave and wear handcuffs, you might as well just be in prison.

The religions of Abraham, all three, were all started in an age of tribal kingdoms. Back then the mortality rate was much higher and your survival was much more dependent on being loyal to the tribe, and that stems even to prior polytheism. In antiquity most humans lived in tribal local groups lead by a ruling family. Even in polytheism it was a norm to make your captured in war slaves and take their women/girls/children as prizes. 

Even in polytheism, most humans falsely attributed their success as a tribe as coming from a divine power. The god that lead to all three religions was originally a lesser god "Yahweh" under the rule of the head god "El" as part of a "divine family".

Even Buddhism does not escape this motif in it's depictions of the first Buddha. He was born of royalty and his mother Queen Maya was told by the divine world of the birth she would give as a gift to humanity. 

Once you have sampled all the motifs of the world's religions in human history it becomes obvious as to what humans are doing in reality. They are merely buying into these myths in order to create a sense of self importance.
(August 27, 2016 at 10:55 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 27, 2016 at 8:28 am)RobertE Wrote: It is merely a question of who wants to be a slave and be handcuffed to an imaginary being. Break those handcuffs, free yourself from the tyranny that is religion and live your lives to the fullest. To be a slave and wear handcuffs, you might as well just be in prison.

The religions of Abraham, all three, were all started in an age of tribal kingdoms. Back then the mortality rate was much higher and your survival was much more dependent on being loyal to the tribe, and that stems even to prior polytheism. In antiquity most humans lived in tribal local groups lead by a ruling family. Even in polytheism it was a norm to make your captured in war slaves and take their women/girls/children as prizes. 

Even in polytheism, most humans falsely attributed their success as a tribe as coming from a divine power. The god that lead to all three religions was originally a lesser god "Yahweh" under the rule of the head god "El" as part of a "divine family".

Even Buddhism does not escape this motif in it's depictions of the first Buddha. He was born of royalty and his mother Queen Maya was told by the divine world of the birth she would give as a gift to humanity. 

Once you have sampled all the motifs of the world's religions in human history it becomes obvious as to what humans are doing in reality. They are merely buying into these myths in order to create a sense of self importance.

So, we can go forward 2,000-3,000 years into present day Earth and nothing much has changed. Chinese people feel safer in large communities overseas, just as the English do, the French, and all other groups besides. We have never grown out of the tribal mentality. Shame really.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear Moderate Muslims YahwehIsTheWay 48 6219 June 14, 2016 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous