Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials
My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials
I conceive of God as a way of talking about the eternal reality that preexisted before anything else. At first there was only pure necessity and chaos and out of this emerged living sentient spirits. This process of chaos becoming order and life emerging out of nothing is very sacred, and this is the eternal spirit of God. After this chaos settled, order emerged and life forms, like extra terrestrials emerged. They did not occur inside of the physical world, however, and they were dependent on this eternal process. They formed a government and then proceeded to created life elsewhere, including on earth.

In the Bible, God in the more general sense is called Elohim (for "we"), suggesting that God is more than one person. The more personal form of God is Yahweh. I believe that the statement the Lord our God the Lord is one refers not to one single person, but a unity, like the trinity.

Even Richard Dawkins admitted that life could have been sown from outer-space by extra terrestrials. Is it improbable to believe that there could be life on other planets?

Why I believe this is because of years and years of prayerful experience of these entities. Most people believe that there are some sort of spiritual entities that exist. Why is it unreasonable to believe that there are spiritual entities that people can relate to?

I talk to spirits literally every day and they talk back to me using language and words. This is the experience that most people have had through most of the history of the world.

Why is it crazy to believe in spirituality? If it is probably that life could exist on other planets, as many atheists will allow, why not in other dimensions?
RE: My view of theism - theism analogous to belief in extra terrestrials
If you think spirits are talking to you, maybe ask your doctor about upping your dosage. And stay away from fire. Naughty.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Why is that so impossible to imagine? Virtually all societies have traditions about people who could communicate with spirits. That mere fact is historical evidence, the evidence of the experience. Why have an a priori hostility to the possibility of other forms of life? You can take the issue out of the context of the politics of theism and speak for any non-human immaterial life. Why be hostile to believing this could exist when there is such a universal human experience of it?
There's also a universal human experience of mental illness and hallucinatory visions induced by various changes in our brain chemistry due to various factors (see: ritualistic drug use, starvation, self-inflicted wounds, things like sweat lodges, etc.).
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(August 29, 2016 at 10:07 pm)joseph_ Wrote: I conceive of God as a way of talking about the eternal reality that preexisted before anything else. At first there was only pure necessity and chaos and out of this emerged living sentient spirits. This process of chaos becoming order and life emerging out of nothing is very sacred, and this is the eternal spirit of God. After this chaos settled, order emerged and life forms, like extra terrestrials emerged. They did not occur inside of the physical world, however, and they were dependent on this eternal process. They formed a government and then proceeded to created life elsewhere, including on earth.

In the Bible, God in the more general sense is called Elohim (for "we"), suggesting that God is more than one person. The more personal form of God is Yahweh. I believe that the statement the Lord our God the Lord is one refers not to one single person, but a unity, like the trinity.

Even Richard Dawkins admitted that life could have been sown from outer-space by extra terrestrials. Is it improbable to believe that there could be life on other planets?

Why I believe this is because of years and years of prayerful experience of these entities. Most people believe that there are some sort of spiritual entities that exist. Why is it unreasonable to believe that there are spiritual entities that people can relate to?

I talk to spirits literally every day and they talk back to me using language and words. This is the experience that most people have had through most of the history of the world.

Why is it crazy to believe in spirituality? If it is probably that life could exist on other planets, as many atheists will allow, why not in other dimensions?

(August 29, 2016 at 10:07 pm)joseph_ Wrote: I conceive of God as a way of talking about the eternal reality that preexisted before anything else. At first there was only pure necessity and chaos and out of this emerged living sentient spirits. This process of chaos becoming order and life emerging out of nothing is very sacred, and this is the eternal spirit of God. After this chaos settled, order emerged and life forms, like extra terrestrials emerged. They did not occur inside of the physical world, however, and they were dependent on this eternal process. They formed a government and then proceeded to created life elsewhere, including on earth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1281 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why not dismiss the trinitarian belief outright R00tKiT 80 6923 August 13, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Belief Catharsis 57 4177 March 24, 2019 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Theism is literally childish I_am_not_mafia 391 56375 November 16, 2017 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  My dad doesn't view Christianity as superior Der/die AtheistIn 0 645 November 10, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Is there another motivation for christian belief? brewer 118 16913 September 23, 2016 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  I don't do "lack of belief", bitch. Foxaèr 35 5861 March 21, 2016 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Panatheist
  What is needed to combat the overwhelming level of belief in God? SteveII 149 20126 December 14, 2015 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Athene
  So what do you Christians like about your god belief/religion? Whateverist 44 9858 November 14, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Theism the unscientific belief dyresand 18 3993 November 11, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd