Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hate the sin, love the sinner
hate the sin, love the sinner
how does it work? or doesn't...
RE: hate the sin, love the sinner
It doesn't work for me. Christians love to call me an immoral sinner and say they love me anyway. I don't buy it. I'm tired of this sort of passive-aggressive bullshittery. It's just a way of them looking down on me for who I am without needing to feeling guilty about it.

[Image: 81364d51b0d8c515beb865d3259944eb65a9aaf2...06b2ff.jpg]
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Hate the belief, love the believer is what I say.
(August 31, 2016 at 3:01 am)Jesster Wrote: It doesn't work for me. Christians love to call me an immoral sinner and say they love me anyway. I don't buy it. I'm tired of this sort of passive-aggressive bullshittery. It's just a way of them looking down on me for who I am without needing to feeling guilty about it.

[Image: 81364d51b0d8c515beb865d3259944eb65a9aaf2...06b2ff.jpg]

This. The formulation is used because they want to persecute and otherise those who don't believe or act as they do but the leaders have come to realise that openly hating the other is counterproductive in this part of the world, due to enough people having sufficient information to make an informed judgement and realise the hate is baseless. Look to third world countries where the churches drop their "love the sinner" bit when getting across the message of hate.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I hate the word love used in this context. I do love my species capability of empathy and compassion, most certainly. And I also value common law and non violence. But I am under no obligation to love individuals I have never met. Nor am I under any obligation to be forced to associate with individuals outside a job. I love my species ability to do good yes, but in the west we are not obligated to only talk like Mr Rogers 100% of the day especially when it comes to bad claims based on bad logic.
and what about the sins the christers are ordered to hate but don't ?

those damn scripture cherry picking Christians get entirely too into their own hits and misses regarding bible dos and don'ts instead paying attention to God's requirements. If it was REALLY about showing respect to God instead of all about their own whims I might take this sin and sinners love/hate thing a little more seriously.

Since it is all just man made prejudice and choices it is just more bullshittery from the religiousites.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

If you twist the term love enough, you can get it to fit just about anything. If you can get away with calling the god of the old testament a god of love, you can get away with anything.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I have only respect and love for the ignorant, scripture thumping, bigoted assholes. Tongue
In fact, I love them so much, I am willing to let all of them just go on to heaven while I stay back on earth.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

They can take the "love", cash it in, and go buy some scratch-off tickets with it, for all I care. 
I have no want or need for their acceptance.

Just doesn't interest me.
(August 31, 2016 at 2:52 am)mcolafson Wrote: how does it work? or doesn't...

It doesn't work at all because the theists using that quote are hating the sinner quite well. It's just lip service to masturbate over how tolerant they are. Personally I never met any theist in real life using that bullshit phrase. Only here and only by a select few.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2098 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1280 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  the nature of sin Drich 137 17871 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Xtians Will Hate This. Minimalist 34 3079 December 3, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 16904 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Admitting You're a Sinner vulcanlogician 569 79385 February 8, 2018 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Propaganda Films and Hate Speech Astonished 41 13665 August 1, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3061 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 29734 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 57113 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith