Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Definitive Post On The Free Will v. Determinism Debate
The Definitive Post On The Free Will v. Determinism Debate
Gotcha.

ROFLOL

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: The Definitive Post On The Free Will v. Determinism Debate
hehe good one.
I was determined to come to this thread of my own free will.
So suck on that!
It's mostly a matter of semantics, if we're talking about determinists versus compatibilists. They both believe the same things, they just choose to describe those same things differently.

Everything we do is predetermined, but since everything is, it cancelles out and you don't normally notice it, it's far more likely that you understand it instead -- if that.

I don't much care anymore if X chooses to think he eats an ice cream of his own free will and how he reconciles that with what would have to happen in order for that to be true, namely that the whole universe would have to bend down to their will and allow them that ice cream, because their thoughts are Godlike like that, didn't you notice. Let them have their fantasy, I'll choose logic instead.
You totally ruined the thread EP, I hope you're proud of yourself.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I made my definitive post on the matter. I don't see what the problem is. This was posted in Philosophy, not in Humor.
I was determined to post this: 

SKREE!!!

SKREE!!!

That's my definitive post on the free will vs. determinism thread.
A Gemma is forever.
This is a determinedly willful thread.
(September 2, 2016 at 1:27 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You totally ruined the thread EP, I hope you're proud of yourself.

Got to agree.  Rather than go off topic, why not start a new thread?
(September 2, 2016 at 2:03 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(September 2, 2016 at 1:27 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You totally ruined the thread EP, I hope you're proud of yourself.

Got to agree.  Rather than go off topic, why not start a new thread?

It's his obsession with determinism getting the better of him again, I tell you!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Will Debate Alan V 82 4177 November 27, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Determinism vs Education Foxaèr 17 981 October 14, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Debate Invitation John 6IX Breezy 3 661 September 1, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Is Moral Responsibility Compatible With Determinism? mcc1789 44 5182 June 11, 2019 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: SenseMaker007
Thumbs Up VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate vulcanlogician 43 4418 May 18, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF Neo-Scholastic 132 16631 May 4, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hybrid theory between freewill and determinism Won2blv 18 4198 July 26, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Debate Challenge TruthisGod 127 19027 November 20, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Hello, Anyone interested in a debate? Anima 355 76951 July 8, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Anima
  Moral realism vs moral anti-realism debate is a moot point Pizza 1 1024 March 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome