Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candy Conundrum
Candy Conundrum
If you have two pieces of candy left equal in satisfaction, is it better to eat them both at once to have a greater strength of taste or to eat them one at a time so as to lengthen the time you're enjoying them?

You think Aristotle ever faced this?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
RE: Candy Conundrum
One at a time.
Chew up the first one thuroughly, then pop the second one in and savor it amidst in the dissolving body of it's former compannion.

It's the only way to be sure. Deadpan
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(September 3, 2016 at 10:18 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Chew up the first one thuroughly, then pop the second one in and savor it amidst in the dissolving body of it's former compannion.

It's the only way to be sure.  Deadpan

I like this guy.
Depends how much you feel your pancreas dancing after the first one.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(September 3, 2016 at 10:12 pm)Aegon Wrote: If you have two pieces of candy left equal in satisfaction,  is it better to eat them both at once to have a greater strength of taste or to eat them one at a time so as to lengthen the time you're enjoying them?

It depends on whether you have siblings... Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(September 3, 2016 at 10:12 pm)Aegon Wrote: If you have two pieces of candy left equal in satisfaction,  is it better to eat them both at once to have a greater strength of taste or to eat them one at a time so as to lengthen the time you're enjoying them?

Take the two pieces of candy to your best friend. Give him/her one of them. Enjoyment shared is enjoyment increased.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Even better, eat one and save the other for later... that way you get two build ups instead of one. I find it's like when you interrupt yourself having a piss or eating... at first you 'need' to carry on but leave it a while and that feeling of instant need disappears and is replaced by the feeling of less hunger or less need to pee... not total satisfaction but better than it was before.

ETA... 'even better' wasn't in reference to boru, just the OP.
(September 3, 2016 at 10:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Take the two pieces of candy to your best friend. Give him/her one of them. Enjoyment shared is enjoyment increased.

Boru

This is the wrong answer.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
So what's the right answer?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Philosophical Conundrum BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1747 October 27, 2017 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  The left-right conundrum Excited Penguin 2 800 November 12, 2016 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Jesster