Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't believe in Christianity primarily because of the brain
I don't believe in Christianity primarily because of the brain
There are many reasons why I don't believe in Christianity. The one that makes the most sense is that there is no soul. Without a soul there is no heaven, hell or anything to do wit spirit.

There iw no use for a soul. Modern science is showing that the brain is responsible for all the functions human bodies have. I evolved into a complex individual, but when my brain ceases to work, I cease to exist. Christianity is just myth and superstition.

Do you agree?
RE: I don't believe in Christianity primarily because of the brain
More or less.

There are no compelling reasons to accept any religious claims at all.  For that, all one has to do is look at the person making the claim.  They usually subvert themselves quite nicely.
I also don't believe in christianity primarily because of the brain, or specifically - the fact that I have one... Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(September 5, 2016 at 12:04 pm)SerenelyBlue Wrote: There are many reasons why I don't believe in Christianity.  The one that makes the most sense is that there is no soul.  Without a soul there is no heaven, hell or anything to do wit spirit.

There iw no use for a soul.  Modern science is showing that the brain is responsible for all the functions human bodies have.  I evolved into a complex individual, but when my brain ceases to work, I cease to exist.  Christianity is just myth and superstition.

Do you agree?

Despite what your peers say (logical fallacy: "Ad populum" ) Phycology says there is indeed a soul:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/bio...e-says-yes

So No I do not agree

I follow the evidence not popular thought to identify fact, you might want to give that a try.
Wink
(September 5, 2016 at 12:41 pm)Drich Wrote:
(September 5, 2016 at 12:04 pm)SerenelyBlue Wrote: There are many reasons why I don't believe in Christianity.  The one that makes the most sense is that there is no soul.  Without a soul there is no heaven, hell or anything to do wit spirit.

There iw no use for a soul.  Modern science is showing that the brain is responsible for all the functions human bodies have.  I evolved into a complex individual, but when my brain ceases to work, I cease to exist.  Christianity is just myth and superstition.

Do you agree?

Despite what your peers say (logical fallacy: "Ad populum" ) Phycology says there is indeed a soul:

So No I do not agree

I follow the evidence not popular thought to identify fact, you might want to give that a try.
Wink
That is a dumb article. Show me the evidence..
Is it possible to believe in the 'Biblical Soul' and simultaneously believe it is not conveyed via the breath and that ensoulment does not occur at (successful) birth with the inspiration of the first breath ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Only charlatans and ignorant people will tell you to believe in something that cannot be proven. The brain is a natural computer. There is no place for invisible souls. The writer of that article said something right. None of the books will tell you you have a soul. Descartes is long dead and so is his arcane theories. That article gives no proof whatsoever. Just wishful thi king.

Sent from my SM-T116 using Tapatalk
I don't believe in it for a different reason.

If a God created the Universe, it's either the Universe itself or a distinct entity from another Universe who created ours as a simulation. More or less those two are the only logical conclusions I can draw if I am to allow for a deity. If it's the former, there's no use calling it God or anything else for that matter, it's what it always was, Nature, Cosmos, take your pick. It's as mysterious and wonderful as ever, I don't like calling it a name with such ugly baggage. But if it's the latter, then that's a perfectly reasonable hypothesis, one many people take seriously. We might one day have the computational power to create such simulations ourselves. Will we have been God(s) too then?
(September 5, 2016 at 1:30 pm)SerenelyBlue Wrote: Only charlatans and ignorant people will tell you to believe in something that cannot be proven.  The brain is a natural computer.  There is no place for invisible souls.  The writer of that article said something right.  None of the books will tell you you have a soul.  Descartes is long dead and so is his arcane theories.  That article gives no proof whatsoever.  Just wishful thi king.  

Sent from my SM-T116 using Tapatalk

I ilke you already.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 5, 2016 at 12:41 pm)Drich Wrote:

Do you agree?

So No I do not agree

Wink

Funny how there were no sources to any scientific studies, experiments etc and all the links that referred you to another page sent you to the same site explaining what things were without, yet again, linking you to any scientific sites. This tells me how biased and shit you are at checking if a source is credible. It's not peer-reviewed either. Don't try to justify, there's no justifying this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mental gymnastics from the brain-eating religion FredTheLobster 13 1515 June 28, 2021 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Frank Apisa
  Which is the cause, which the effect: religious fundamentalism <=> brain impairment Whateverist 31 5256 March 20, 2018 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 11554 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6787 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Photo Christian Memes/Pics Because Reasons -- Please add your favorites stop_pushing_me 29 13703 September 23, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Don't Understand The Appeal Of Christianity To People Imaginos7 30 7719 September 10, 2015 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Lek
  WHY do we have religion? Because fables are FUN. drfuzzy 5 1690 September 1, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  They Finally Got It Right....Because of a Bigot. Minimalist 9 3299 August 7, 2015 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Ha, huh because.... Science says so! Drich 122 31384 August 3, 2015 at 9:09 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Don't ever question. Just believe. TubbyTubby 41 6926 July 6, 2015 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Iroscato