Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello, even if a bit belated
Hello, even if a bit belated
So, I created an account here about a week or two ago, and have been testing the waters, so to speak. You know; a few posts, lurking,  getting a general sense of how thing operate here, etc. Call me cautious, I guess. Cognitive dissonance has reared its ugly head though, but I am pleasantly compelled to cast my lot in with you folks – so, hello everyone.

I’m an Atheist, through and through, and always have been. I did attend Catholic Bible Study for seven years, as a kid, but it just wasn’t my thing. Atari 2600 was my thing. Now, many years later, that basic disinterest in religion and God[s] has cultivated into an adamant love for video games. Smile 

As for religion and God[s]; well....it’s difficult to see people still believing in that hokey garbage, but whatever; that’s their problem.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
RE: Hello, even if a bit belated
Heya, welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Are you a bisque that was formed directly in the crucible of the big bang?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Quote:I did attend Catholic Bible Study for seven years, as a kid, but it just wasn’t my thing. Atari 2600 was my thing.

Good choice.  Atari may be obsolete but at least it was real.

I love lobster bisque....

Welcome.
(September 9, 2016 at 11:04 am)Primordial Bisque Wrote: So, I created an account here about a week or two ago, and have been testing the waters, so to speak. You know; a few posts, lurking,  getting a general sense of how thing operate here, etc. Call me cautious, I guess. Cognitive dissonance has reared its ugly head though, but I am pleasantly compelled to cast my lot in with you folks – so, hello everyone.

I’m an Atheist, through and through, and always have been. I did attend Catholic Bible Study for seven years, as a kid, but it just wasn’t my thing. Atari 2600 was my thing. Now, many years later, that basic disinterest in religion and God[s] has cultivated into an adamant love for video games. Smile 

As for religion and God[s]; well....it’s difficult to see people still believing in that hokey garbage, but whatever; that’s their problem.

You should do an introduction post and explain how you came to being.
An atheist that is of course.

(September 9, 2016 at 11:50 am)Alex K Wrote: Are you a bisque that was formed directly in the crucible of the big bang?

If melted butter and a thin, dairy based batter were among the first forms of matter, then our Universe is a good, kind Universe.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
Pleased to meet you Prime Smile Mind if I call you Prime? I'm a turtle called Hammy.
(September 9, 2016 at 12:21 pm)ScienceAf Wrote:
(September 9, 2016 at 11:04 am)Primordial Bisque Wrote: So, I created an account here about a week or two ago, and have been testing the waters, so to speak. You know; a few posts, lurking,  getting a general sense of how thing operate here, etc. Call me cautious, I guess. Cognitive dissonance has reared its ugly head though, but I am pleasantly compelled to cast my lot in with you folks – so, hello everyone.

You should do an introduction post and explain how you came to being.

I never had that one defining moment. There was no choice. It was just there. I guess you could say becoming an Atheist was official when I learned the word along with its definition. I never really believed that there was a God, even as a child. I never cared enough. Star Wars on the other hand...that shit is real.
(September 9, 2016 at 12:41 pm)Primordial Bisque Wrote:
(September 9, 2016 at 12:21 pm)ScienceAf Wrote: You should do an introduction post and explain how you came to being.

I never had that one defining moment. There was no choice. It was just there. I guess you could say becoming an Atheist was official when I learned the word along with its definition. I never really believed that there was a God, even as a child. I never cared enough. Star Wars on the other hand...that shit is real.

good enough.

My apologies for all the individual posts; I'm trying to learn the quote system.

(September 9, 2016 at 11:13 am)robvalue Wrote: Heya, welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself Smile

Thank you, and of course, you're welcome!

(September 9, 2016 at 12:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I did attend Catholic Bible Study for seven years, as a kid, but it just wasn’t my thing. Atari 2600 was my thing.

Good choice.  Atari may be obsolete but at least it was real.

I love lobster bisque....

Welcome.

Thank you! Lobster Bisque was my number 1 until I tried Maryland Crab Bisque. Holy bajeesus it's good.

(September 9, 2016 at 12:40 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Pleased to meet you Prime Smile Mind if I call you Prime? I'm a turtle called Hammy.

The pleasure is all mine, and sure, Prime is fine. Reminds me of Optimus Prime...or prime rib. Both good. Are you a Galapagos Tortoise?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Belated intro Dom 20 1732 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A little bit about me reasonablerob 17 2761 May 6, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  The scenery could do with a bit more bubblegum Violet 29 4130 July 29, 2014 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Bringing a bit of fun to the forum! AtheistUnicorn 22 2565 January 15, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  A little belated hello TheJackel 10 4338 April 18, 2012 at 9:26 am
Last Post: frankiej
  A proper (belated) introduction for Kichi Whateverist 4 1991 March 18, 2012 at 5:52 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Belated Intro Math 5 1751 August 8, 2011 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Hi, Is time to make this playing field a little more even reasonprevails 25 5904 August 6, 2011 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: reasonprevails
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5961 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3632 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates