Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got to get out of this place
got to get out of this place
i got to leave this shithole country. all it ever brought me was misery. ok, i got nine blissful years which i wouldn trade for anything, but that only set me up for the bigest fall ever, so i got to get the fuck out of dodge. so where the best i can go to disappear off the radar an never seen again.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: got to get out of this place
Come here. We have room. Besides, you're very much wanted, my dear friend.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
There's an island off the coast of Costa Rica...

Isla Nublar, I think it's called. Pretty secluded. Just watch out for the raptors.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Don't come to where I live. Trust me; it's no better.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(September 10, 2016 at 12:52 pm)Stimbo Wrote: i got to leave this shithole country. all it ever brought me was misery. ok, i got nine blissful years which i wouldn trade for anything, but that only set me up for the bigest fall ever, so i got to get the fuck out of dodge. so where the best i can go to disappear off the radar an never seen again.

The Isle of Wight.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

You can't run away from your demons. Not judging, just saying.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Nebraska.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 10, 2016 at 4:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You can't run away from your demons.  Not judging, just saying.

Boru

I have to agree.

I live in Canada, which many would describe as one of the most desirable countries in the world to live in,
yet I sometimes feel the same as Stimbo.

I realize the problem comes from within.

(However that doesn't mean that a temporary change of scenery may be very beneficial.
Just remember it is merely to aid in treatment....it is not the cure).
Wherever you go, there you are. Brian's right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 6883 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 485 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 1966 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Got Plates? onlinebiker 23 1386 June 3, 2020 at 6:32 am
  Got Gator? onlinebiker 23 1798 May 24, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3442 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  K-pods, whatcha got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 703 April 12, 2020 at 7:24 am
  You got to love the US brewer 32 3507 July 13, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Where's your favorite place to travel to? EgoDeath 21 1953 March 2, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Got Nut Juice? Yonadav 22 1254 February 28, 2019 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: LostLocke