Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary's 47% Moment
Hillary's 47% Moment
From a Boston Globe article I saw on an MSN news feed:

"So it turns out when you insult people, in the era of social media, they just might turn it into a badge of honor.

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton criticized some of Republican Donald Trump’s supporters during a speech at a New York City fundraiser on Friday night.
“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it.”

Clinton expressed regret for the remark, but it was too late to stop Trump’s supporters on Twitter to post their anger in 140 characters or less under the hashtag #basketofdeplorables."

This is followed by a number of tweets and selfies taken by Trump supporters, piling onto what can only be described as a jaw-dropping, Romney-esque gaffe on Clinton's part. "Grossly generalistic"? How about grossly stupid? Way to give the Trump camp an ironic label to rally around and to bash you with, Clinton. Fucking Christ! Trump will make hay with this right up to election day.

In the off chance that someone attached to the Clinton camp is reading this, please put a muzzle on your candidate! Trump is supposed to be the one who says incredibly stupid shit for general consumption. Your gal is supposed to be the politically savvy one. Mind you, I somewhat agree with her characterization of many of Trump's supporters, but I get to say that out loud; no one is going to quote me in the press.

In the future, please leave the Trump-supporters-bashing to those of us with nothing to lose -- except the next four to eight fucking years!
RE: Hillary's 47% Moment
What a game politics in America has become. The reaction to Clinton' gaff is petty. A nation of sheep. We are all tuned in to the nightly news to analyze how well the masses are being manipulated. Should we really be keeping score how effectively a candidate makes the poll numbers jump up or down or should we be asking how this candidate is going to effect or lives and the world we live in. Oh , and Trump is a dick!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(September 11, 2016 at 3:34 am)Crossless1 Wrote: From a Boston Globe article I saw on an MSN news feed:

"So it turns out when you insult people, in the era of social media, they just might turn it into a badge of honor.

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton criticized some of Republican Donald Trump’s supporters during a speech at a New York City fundraiser on Friday night.
“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it.”

Clinton expressed regret for the remark, but it was too late to stop Trump’s supporters on Twitter to post their anger in 140 characters or less under the hashtag #basketofdeplorables."

This is followed by a number of tweets and selfies taken by Trump supporters, piling onto what can only be described as a jaw-dropping, Romney-esque gaffe on Clinton's part. "Grossly generalistic"? How about grossly stupid? Way to give the Trump camp an ironic label to rally around and to bash you with, Clinton. Fucking Christ! Trump will make hay with this right up to election day.

In the off chance that someone attached to the Clinton camp is reading this, please put a muzzle on your candidate! Trump is supposed to be the one who says incredibly stupid shit for general consumption. Your gal is supposed to be the politically savvy one. Mind you, I somewhat agree with her characterization of many of Trump's supporters, but I get to say that out loud; no one is going to quote me in the press.

In the future, please leave the Trump-supporters-bashing to those of us with nothing to lose -- except the next four to eight fucking years!

That doesn't look like a 47% moment to me. The biggest difference is that, unlike, Romney, Clinton doesn't have to lie through her arsehole to come to that conclusion, and the next biggest difference is that she's not alienating demographics she needs to win the election. Accurately describing the racist white vote is no longer a death sentence in national elections, and is likely designed to keep.the pressure on those republicans who are worried their party has become too toxic.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
No, it's bad politics. She's supposed to be smart enough to know better than to dig holes.

(September 11, 2016 at 6:04 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: No, it's bad politics. She's supposed to be smart enough to know better than to dig holes.

And giving Trump and his supporters a free pass on his ideology is? Demonising your opponents has had a long trend of success in politics, at least with Clinton if she's mischaracterising, islt's by downplaying Trump's tendencies.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(September 11, 2016 at 6:04 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: No, it's bad politics. She's supposed to be smart enough to know better than to dig holes.

Hillary is supposed to be smart? Huh

Compared to trump, even a chimpanzee would seem like Einstein I suppose. Undecided
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(September 11, 2016 at 7:54 am)Aoi Magi Wrote:

Hillary is supposed to be smart?  Huh

Compared to trump, even a chimpanzee would seem like Einstein I suppose. Undecided

Really? What are you basing this on, that both candidates are not smart?

BOTH candidates are smart. That isn't the issue.

We seem to be hyperfocused on the most inane and unimportant things about both party candidates. That isn't what we should be focusing on.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
I think far more than half of Drumpf Fucks are deplorable.
Obviously it was... a less than artful turn of phrase, but I think she was trying to accomplish a specific goal and roughly did so: reminding the establishment repubs, the "never trump-ers" who might be thinking "well, he's softened a bunch, maybe it won't be so bad to vote for him instead of (Clinton/Johnson)" that they are casting their lot with the KKK, with sovereign citizens, with people who will vote for trump because they are certain this "pivot" is just a ploy and that once he gets in office he'll send them little immigrants back to whatever filthy country they crawled out of
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(September 11, 2016 at 7:54 am)Aoi Magi Wrote:

Hillary is supposed to be smart?  Huh

Going by the expectations of her followers, yes indeed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should Hillary Run in 2020? John V 40 6347 July 19, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The Rights disdain of Hillary, where does it come from? GODZILLA 89 11804 March 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Tell Me Once More Progressives That Hillary and the WLB are "The Same" Minimalist 67 13966 October 26, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Yes, Progressives. No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 12 1453 August 2, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Both Bernie and Hillary supporters pissing me off. Brian37 44 15158 June 24, 2017 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Lets say Hillary won NuclearEnergy 4 1047 June 2, 2017 at 9:40 am
  Seems Hillary Was Right. Minimalist 10 1671 April 7, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Yeah - No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 10 1706 January 25, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I hear that Hillary is moving KUSA 10 1238 November 9, 2016 at 11:38 pm
  The positive case for voting Hillary Clinton for president. Whateverist 113 13816 November 7, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet