Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darwin's Voyage on the Beagle, droll dramatization
Darwin's Voyage on the Beagle, droll dramatization
I've really enjoyed reading CDs own account of the voyage. If you have half a dozen of hours to spare, here's a droll multi part film/documentary about it from the late 70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hoDaxVIVPE
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle, Documentary Film
Oh no! The voyage that debunked Allah. Not really a documentary but a dramatization.
I remember watching this few years ago and resolution was really crappy, nice to see better version.
While the series is great I seem remember bit disappointed they didn't include his apparent quarreling with the captain FitzRoy. I've heard from Bill Bryson that FitzRoy even approved Darwin on-board because he studied theology and FitzRoy wanted to find evidence of god creating the world, but I doubt they argued because of that.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle, Documentary Film
In the above dramatization, they quarrel about that at every opportunity.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scientific Debate: Why I assert that Darwin's theory of evolution is false Rob216 206 34371 November 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Darwin Proven Wrong? sswhateverlove 165 21599 September 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Did Darwin get it wrong? Zone 20 4570 September 19, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth Alter2Ego 190 72607 August 23, 2013 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Darwin Day KichigaiNeko 2 1453 February 8, 2013 at 8:25 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  DARWIN'S MACROEVOLUTION: Why Unscientific? Alter2Ego 136 88068 May 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  Lost Darwin Fossils Rediscovered frankiej 5 3236 January 17, 2012 at 10:55 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Darwin and the tree of life. 5thHorseman 13 5265 November 11, 2011 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Blam!
  Charles Darwin Program. 5thHorseman 18 6189 September 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Evolutionary Biology Darwin Program 5thHorseman 1 1745 June 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious