Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the future men will be able to carry children just like women
In the future men will be able to carry children just like women
A friend on Facebook shared this:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...ebook-post
Do you think it has even the slightest chance to be true? Or is it bogus? I can only hope it would become real some day but many are sceptic, even some scientists.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: In the future men will be able to carry children just like women
I don't doubt that it will be possible at some point, but I find it more likely that machines will be universally used to carry the children for safety reasons, and that humans carrying them will be the exception.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Oh, trust me. This is something I've been paying attention to for a while since I can't have children normally. It didn't take me long to realize that if this was even reasonable in the near future, I wouldn't be able to afford it. The science of it is fun though, right?
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(September 14, 2016 at 4:40 am)Jesster Wrote: Oh, trust me. This is something I've been paying attention to for a while since I can't have children normally. It didn't take me long to realize that if this was even reasonable in the near future, I wouldn't be able to afford it. The science of it is fun though, right?

Ah, but I want it now. It would be so fun to say, "Honey, I'm pregnant!" and watch my husband freak out.

Come on, science, faster! Ondelay!
A Gemma is forever.
(September 14, 2016 at 4:34 am)Atheist_BG Wrote: A friend on Facebook shared this:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...ebook-post
Do you think it has even the slightest chance to be true? Or is it bogus? I can only hope it would become real some day but many are sceptic, even some scientists.

According to the article it seemingly says that scientists in general are sceptical about it happening rather than it just being "even some" scientists are that sceptical.

Quote:Scientists have called such a scenario “speculative and fanciful”, but haven’t ruled it out.

I think the article is saying that fertilization might be possible in theory, I imagine the difficulty would be in the difference between a man and a woman's body apart from the fertilization aspect in relation to a man giving birth.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

That's incredible if it's feasible...

Also, holy fuck, the comments in that article :|
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(September 14, 2016 at 5:47 am)Iroscato Wrote: That's incredible if it's feasible...

Also, holy fuck, the comments in that article :|

It's to be expected. That's the kind of person that most feels the need to comment to display their righteous rage. I think it's driven by fear, mostly.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

[Image: junior1.jpg]
Sum ergo sum
I wouldn't even consider it, but I'd be happy for the people who would benefit from it.

I liked Alex's prediction about the future, though. He seems to share my kind of thinking on the matter. I believe as we start leading longer and longer lives we'll start focusing more on threats other than aging that threaten to end them. This is what you had in mind, right Alex?
Meh, I'd much prefer machines did the carrying... I don't trust humans
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How did men survive this? Losty 23 3348 May 11, 2019 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Raising Gender Normative Children Acrobat 8 710 February 15, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Pregnant blood kills men! brewer 7 1103 October 26, 2017 at 7:15 am
Last Post: chimp3
  How Nature was able to understand what we need. RayOfLight 30 3504 October 14, 2017 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The future of AI? IATIA 45 4303 March 31, 2016 at 12:21 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Religion Makes Children More Selfish ignoramus 1 708 March 23, 2016 at 7:36 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Men are better than women in combat SmootherPebble 61 17054 September 11, 2015 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: thehedglin
  I saw children doing synthetic biology on the television... ReptilianPeon 9 1873 August 31, 2015 at 1:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Secual Experience for Men Rhondazvous 15 2801 July 27, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  New study shows 132.8% of men are pedophiles? Rev. Rye 9 3187 July 22, 2015 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome