Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Francis, a witness to atheism.
Pope Francis, a witness to atheism.
One criticism that many atheists have pointed out (I recall Sean Carroll doing so with his debate with Craig), is that all religions are man-made, because not only do they contradict each other they also contradict themselves.  With the definitive interpretation of Amoris Laetitia now being made public by Francis himself, it is a good time, in my opinion, for the modern atheist movement to do a little bit of offense here and point out how the Catholic Church has (once again) "changed its tune" on what was, once upon a time, viewed as being an "immutable" truth.  For anyone up to the task, here's an easy to access online guide of the Church's so-called "teachings" from the supposed time of Jesus:

http://patristica.net/denzinger/

Atheists, in my opinion, need to start pointing out to Catholics, especially, those who may be on the fence doubting their religion, that Francis' recent teachings are in contradiction to centuries of Catholic teaching.  While some of you may applaud Francis in his reforms of the Catholic Church, I believe that an even bigger prize awaits the atheist movement in convincing practicing Catholics that Catholicism is just bullshit, whether stirred clockwise or counter-clockwise.  Many Catholics are, for the most part, firmly in the "Catholic gobbledygook" camp already, but I see some opportunity here!

Thoughts?
RE: Pope Francis, a witness to atheism.
The word is getting out.

https://cruxnow.com/church/2015/05/12/pe...omination/

Quote:Pew survey: Percentage of US Catholics drops and Catholicism is losing members faster than any denomination

Good news for certain and we don't have to do a damned thing.
(September 14, 2016 at 11:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The word is getting out.

https://cruxnow.com/church/2015/05/12/pe...omination/

Quote:Pew survey: Percentage of US Catholics drops and Catholicism is losing members faster than any denomination

Good news for certain and we don't have to do a damned thing.

Maybe the Catholic Church will self-destruct:

[Image: 225px-Space_Pope.jpg]
I swear this Pope is exactly like the Westboro Baptist Phelpers only magnitudes more clever.

False flagging from the inside out. He is dismantling the Catholic Church....and it'll be blamed on Jesus.

Here he is saying Jesus's human life was failure and he failed at the cross. @ :40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvIrfp3qdNg

He freaking gets applauded!?!?!? Cause it's "The Pope" right? .....Nimrod fish hat wearin, no business havin, barn door lookin mothafucka! Thanks Dolomite. Thumb up

By the sulfurous stank of Satan's taint!!! Look at that face @ 0:48-50 right after he say "the failure of the cross"!!!!

[Image: a_79704eb3.jpg]
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
The interesting thing is that it was the last Pope who was considered to be on the dark side.

[Image: e894656db27595aaea26713ff2c44697.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: south-park-s06e08c06-intergalactic-problem-16x9.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 15, 2016 at 12:48 am)Maelstrom Wrote: The interesting thing is that it was the last Pope who was considered to be on the dark side.  

That's ridiculous! I'm sure it just changed..... Rolleyes
You keep deluding yourself, darling.
~ Erin Hunter
(September 15, 2016 at 1:14 am)Maelstrom Wrote: You keep deluding yourself, darling.

Dust off your sarcasm detectors...I even rolled my eyes and stretch out just.
(September 15, 2016 at 1:15 am)Arkilogue Wrote: Dust off your sarcasm detectors...I even rolled my eyes and stretch out just.

You do not know me very well, surprise, because I do not do sarcasm.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27127 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The pope is a cunt dyresand 24 10044 October 1, 2015 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12479 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12152 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10493 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  atheist argument against the widespread witness of angels samiam2013 23 7950 March 30, 2013 at 7:31 am
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12007 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  jahova witness left speechless Xyster 23 11261 May 7, 2012 at 10:31 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38091 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack