Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "Son of a b" & "Phew" moment.
A "Son of a b" & "Phew" moment.
Ok, so I was in the middle o Tweeting this morning, then suddenly my "d" key woudn't work. Well I figured a mere glitch had to go to mom's rehab anyway. Most resets resolve this.

But when I got here, my  windows password kept telling me my password was incorrect, no, it did not contain the letter "d" in any case. So while screwing around typing in random keys thinking maybe dust, discovered my "g" wasn't working either, no "g" in my password either. But managed to discover a setting that allowed me an on screen keyboard and used my mouse,  that when I typed in my password finally allowed me into my own windows.

But tried to type in "d" and "g" in google but still wouldn't do it. BUT after a virus scan and taking suggestions off of google searches of my problem, PHEW, keyboard is back to fully functioning. I am guessing a virus? 

Good news is whatever I did if fixed the problem.
RE: A "Son of a b" & "Phew" moment.
Glad you got your letter clicking box fixed Brian Smile
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(September 16, 2016 at 2:51 pm)Losty Wrote: Glad you got your letter clicking box fixed Brian Smile

I took a blue pill for it. Allows me to play with my mouse, but that was too much information for you wasn't it?
FUCK it came back!
(September 16, 2016 at 7:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote: FUCK it came back!

Fortunately I have a screen keyboard to override it but it is slower. Anyone have any ideas as how to fix it?
My "A" stopped working for the longest time. I don't know how, but it works now. Sorry. No help here, just a fellow AFer who can relate Tongue
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
My q and s and d and g dont work without my on screen keyboard and external mouse
This is an Internet forum! If you're having problems with your d you need to consult a physician!
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(September 16, 2016 at 7:08 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 16, 2016 at 7:02 pm)Brian37 Wrote: FUCK it came back!

Fortunately I have a screen keyboard to override it but it is slower. Anyone have any ideas as how to fix it?

This is almost for sure a problem with the keyboard.  Replace it.
I suggest taking it apart by popping all the keys off and cleaning it out with q-tips and some rubbing alcohol. Take a picture of your keyboard so you can put the keys back in the right spots.

And if it's wireless, remove the usb plug from its port so it won't do anything while you're working on it.

If it is wireless, have you tried changing the batteries? Many times, when batteries need to be replaced, things like keyboards will start to act funny.

Hope this helps some.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.