Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Ely Quit Smoking
Help Ely Quit Smoking
So last night I had my last cigarette. I'm going it cold turkey because I don't want to then just be addicted to the gum or a patch. I'm definitely going through withdrawal, feeling shaky and all.

So guys, help me out. Tell me I'm doing a good job, remind me why smoking is so bad, especially for a lady like me with asthma, make jokes. Whatever, just something to get my mind of the fact I'd be going to a cigarette break right about now.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Help Ely Quit Smoking
Use the money you save to buy chocolate instead. Chocolate is way better than fags! (couldn't resist putting the English name for cigarettes in there)

Also, here are some shock adverts to help:

[Image: british_heart_foundation_smoking_quit.jpg]

[Image: hookah-smoking.jpg]

[Image: smokers-cough.jpg]

[Image: lungs.jpg]

...or maybe not. :S
I'll certainly be saving money for Dragon*con.

I'm not a big candy eater. :/

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Kudos to you for quitting! I quit over a year ago and have been smoking (again) for the last 6 months. I'm planning to try (again) to stop smoking in a couple of months. Never quit quitting, even if you fall off the wagon (for an extended period, in my case).

Believe me, if I knew the magic words to help you succeed, I recite them in a deep baritone to ensure their power. When I do quit again in a couple of months, I'll expect you to be there, telling me that it isn't as hard as it seems.
Well I did the math and I spend about $20 a week on cigarettes, so that's $1,040 in a year. :o

With Dragon*con 10 days away, I'm easily saving $30.

I know. A friend of mine has calculated that if he hadn't smoked, he could easily have afforded that BMW he always wanted.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I know exactly what you are going through. I stopped smoking 20 some-odd weeks ago. It might have been easier for me, because I stopped smoking when I found out I was pregnant. However, that didn't make the cravings any less intense. Even now, I still wish I had a cigarette so much. Now that the nicotine is clear from my system, it's still the ritual that I crave. There is something very therapeutic about lighting up.

Stay strong, you can do it. And even if you don't do it this time, you can always try again. Don't look at it as failure, look at is as a test run. You'll feel better for quitting, once the coughing and abnormal bitchiness go away.

Clap
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
I'm now wondering how it has taken me this long to realize that Rhage is a girl...
LOL, I assumed the same. Rhage just seems to be not a feminine name. XD

(August 23, 2010 at 11:32 am)Tiberius Wrote: I'm now wondering how it has taken me this long to realize that Rhage is a girl...

ROFLOL

I could be a pregnant man....I guess.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have given up smoking 6 months ago , but ... Megabullshit 95 3466 April 1, 2020 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Keith Richards Gives Up Smoking! chimp3 7 591 February 19, 2020 at 2:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Are restaurants (USA) known for not paying employees who quit/walk out? EgoDeath 6 943 October 29, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  I fucking quit... Jackalope 311 32906 October 8, 2018 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  ....I quit!!!!! Joods 70 8113 October 22, 2017 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Joods
  I Fucking Quit Too! Any one want to join me for weight loss? Whateverist 159 14489 February 28, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
Shocked Pipes & Bongs for smoking drugs are now Illegal in Florida (starting July 1st) Big Blue Sky 7 3387 June 18, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Minor Smoking Rant thesummerqueen 40 9688 March 22, 2013 at 5:40 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  I quit smoking and zappa1258 24 6901 September 20, 2012 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Time To Quit Cinjin 57 11335 December 5, 2011 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious