Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What computer do you have?
What computer do you have?
What computer do you own?

I also want to extend this thread to also be what computer do you recomend I buy because I'm thinking about buying a new one.

The main things I use my computer for is for communicating via webcam, music production, watching films on stuff like that.

I want a PC not a Mac, because I have things on my old PC I want to use on the new one I buy.
I'm thinking I might be willing to spend up to 800 pounds/1037 dollars.

I've seen good reviews of these lenovo computers.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: What computer do you have?
Sorry, I've got an '11 iMac with OS X El Capitan. Good lil' computer. Really, I pretty much just surf the web. I've recorded stuff (accent tags) to YouTube via PhotoBooth. I have iTunes and Spotify. The former I use for radio, the latter for my own stash of music.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I currently use a Lenovo T520, it was barely used when I purchased it and I upgraded the RAM and swapped the HDD with an SSD. It's a great little laptop. My dream laptop is a MacBook Pro, but it's £2,500 for the model I want. Ouch!
(September 25, 2016 at 9:28 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I currently use a Lenovo T520, it was barely used when I purchased it and I upgraded the RAM and swapped the HDD with an SSD. It's a great little laptop. My dream laptop is a MacBook Pro, but it's £2,500 for the model I want. Ouch!

What does it do that makes you want it so much?

Or what will you do with it once you have it?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Currently using a Lenovo H30-50 with AMD hardware.

8GB RAM, Quad-core 2.00GHZ processor with Radeon R5 1GB GPU, 1TB HDD.

Small and compact, silent as the grave, and pretty good-looking. Considering it was a total freebie from work (seriously, my boss just straight-up asked me if I wanted a new PC and said he'd cover up to £300 for me), I'm very happy. It handles most of the games I throw at it easily enough, so I can't ask much more of it.

I am planning on slowly swapping out components soon, starting with tripling the GPU power. Then I'll put in an octa-core CPU, and eventually boost the RAM to 16GB or so, which should be plenty for the foreseeable future. And a nice new PSU to make sure it doesn't explode, of course.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(September 25, 2016 at 9:50 am)Iroscato Wrote: Currently using a Lenovo H30-50 with AMD hardware.

Small and compact, silent as the grave, and pretty good-looking. Considering it was a total freebie from work (seriously, my boss just straight-up asked me if I wanted a new PC and said he'd cover up to £300 for me), I'm very happy. It handles most of the games I throw at it easily enough, so I can't ask much more of it.

I am planning on slowly swapping out components soon, starting with tripling the GPU power. Then I'll put in an octa-core CPU, and eventually boost the RAM to 16GB or so, which should be plenty for the foreseeable future. And a nice new PSU to make sure it doesn't explode, of course.

Shame on you. Tongue
Thanks for starting this thread PaulPablo. I was meaning to ask the same. I am wanting to surf the web, make and edit short videos, write , and photoshop. Not into games and will not be down loading music or watching net flicks. If any one has any suggestions ....? Oh , price range $700-800 tops.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

A working one. Lappy toppy.

Damn USB socket is buggy. Faulty driver. I'll get around to fixing it eventually. I'm such a procrastinator. I procrastinate so damn hard so damn often I'm a die hard master debater and master crass procrastinator with sass but this ain't a rap. This is just turtle speak.
It's a dextop.

As for what you should buy - get one custom built by a good computer shop, it'll save you quite a bit off anything that comes pre-packaged and branded. Plus you can do what I did and get a nice full size case that can accommodate as many hard drives as your motherboard will accommodate (and get a motherboard with 6 SATA ports). You should also put the OS on a SSD, and use a regular drive for videos etc. Speaking of videos, you can now use libaacs with both VLC and MPC to watch Blurays without needing to first decrypt them with other tools or any pay-ware (note that MPC will need the x64 version and the database file goes in a different directory to the VLC instructions - I'll make a guide for that sometime... one goes in %programdata%\aacs\ the other in %homepath%\aacs\ or of course its equivalent \all users\ folder).

They should also be able to sell you a cheap Windows 7 license, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free using this loophole as well (basically you're saying you need accessibility tools). You can also get Windows licenses really cheap here (and yes, they're legit).
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(September 25, 2016 at 9:52 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(September 25, 2016 at 9:50 am)Iroscato Wrote: Currently using a Lenovo H30-50 with AMD hardware.

Shame on you. Tongue

Good point, actually. I will probably make upgrading to an SSD the last thing I do, as they're absurdly expensive. Plus I got about 300GB of files on my current one, and the thought of backing up and transferring over everything is...not a fun one. Also, I've got my eye on this case, because phwoar....

[Image: $_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F]

TBH, I think I might just build a seperate, superior PC bit-by-bit, and once it's ready replace my current faithful old girl.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple computer! zebo-the-fat 8 636 September 22, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Could we teach a computer to lie? Mechaghostman2 8 576 October 27, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Have you ever used Protonmail ? What do you think about it ? The Wise Joker 20 3864 January 30, 2017 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Ever feel like eating your computer? paulpablo 9 1102 October 9, 2016 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Computer memory and storage dyresand 22 3182 June 29, 2016 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Any computer nerds here? Hard reboots abaris 37 7035 March 31, 2016 at 7:57 am
Last Post: rado84
  Time to build a new computer ... Aractus 34 6289 August 14, 2014 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Nine
  The Computer Thread wolf39us 45 10207 July 1, 2014 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Technology, video, phone & computer questions Angrboda 26 5611 January 1, 2014 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Heretic Becomes a Businessman: The story of computer repair Creed of Heresy 4 2393 April 8, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Baalzebutt