Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalai Lama says that terrorists have no religion
Dalai Lama says that terrorists have no religion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe2X95o4yIE

I disagree wholeheartedly. There's no such thing as a "true" anything. And "progressives" who accept that the Quoran and Bible can be interpreted different ways basically forfeited their right to claim that there can be a "true" Muslim or "true" Christian. Actually, ISIL fighters take the book more literally than peaceful followers, so maybe you could argue that they're the "true" ones.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
RE: Dalai Lama says that terrorists have no religion
He's wrong. What they lack is scruples, not religion.

I am no longer patient with Buddhists. Taking advice on right livelihood from a guy with a begging bowl is like taking marriage counseling from a eunuch priest.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Dalai Lama is shilling a false religion like all the rest of them.

However, I do like it when folks of a specific religious stripe criticize folks of another specific religious stripe.

The Dalai Lama might be inspiring some vivid demonstrations of Muslim piety from his trash talking.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Buddhism, like every other religion, prospers not by raising the marginal characters of human progress into the mainstream pg human progress, but by empowering them to oppose human progress.
There are people who say anyone who commits violence in the name of a religion is no true member, and there are those wh say the opposite. Both sides can find verses in holy books to back them up, because different authors had different ideas of what is right and wrong. That's the whole reason why you have some grandma in a soup kitchen, and some guy bombing an abortion clinic, calling themselves the same thing. Christian.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

How dare he oppress terrorists like this. I will stick up for their religious freedom even if he won't.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It's funny, I've always found that the mainstream media will take a similar stance. That terrorists (ISIS for example) are never true adherents of their religion. Even though there is as much, if not more in their holy book backing them up for declaring war on the infidels. But I guess it would be too much for the public to handle if they knew that religions were often propogated by violent, barbaric fucks.
I'm going to have to disagree with the llama man on this one. Religious terrorists do have religion. Their religious beliefs may differ slightly from the religious norm or they may just be a more extreme view of the religious norm, but they are still religious. Sometimes the assholes are following religious scripture a bit closer than the peaceful folks. Where I will get soft on this is in not pointing fingers at the entire religious community when terrorists commit acts under the same flag, but I'm not going to separate them entirely like the llama man is.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Yeah, it's bullshit. Religion isn't a thing. It isn't real. It's whatever people say it is. If some nutter says he's a Christian or a Muslim, then he is. He's entitled to whatever version he makes up, just like everyone else. No one gets to say who is and isn't a "true" adherent, when the whole thing is made up to begin with. In fact, making this distinction is incredibly arrogant and placing yourself above the God of your religion. If there isn't one, then you're just assuming you are God instead.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3140 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  [Serious] What does religion have to offer? EgoDeath 53 5565 August 3, 2019 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why did my mom tell me that feelings are enough to have religion? Der/die AtheistIn 11 1334 April 2, 2019 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4485 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1163 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7768 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12627 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  If someone says science can't explain everything what's the best way to repond? ReptilianPeon 94 13225 December 14, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Bill Maher Says It. Tax the Fucking Churches! Minimalist 29 5440 April 20, 2016 at 4:36 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10699 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue