Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Love and Money question
A Love and Money question
DEUTERONOMY
28 If a man find a damsel [that is] a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty [shekels] of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Say, the poor damsel was gang-raped.
And there were 3 rapists.

Should she marry all three of them?
Father gets 150 shekels of silver then.
Only one who was the first?
and the other two villains should be stoned till they die? (virginity is important!)

Or she can marry the one she finds more likeable? (or the least detestable)

Or if she lost conscientiousness before they started, and she doesn't know who was the first, and all three rapists claim to be the first, then apparently she must marry all three...
RE: A Love and Money question
I can't for love nor money know why anyone would ever want to analyse and interpret Deuteronomy.
Logically, only one of them could have taken her virginity. That guy would be the one you sell your daughter to. The others get stoned.

Bible's an awfully cheery book, no?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(September 26, 2016 at 10:53 am)Esquilax Wrote: The others get stoned.

Bong
[Image: dirty%20harry.jpg]

Kill them all, and let God sort it out.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 26, 2016 at 11:02 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: [Image: dirty%20harry.jpg]

Kill them all, and let God sort it out.

and the girl? and her father?
(September 26, 2016 at 10:41 am)mcolafson Wrote: DEUTERONOMY
28 If a man find a damsel [that is] a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty [shekels] of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

Say, the poor damsel was gang-raped.
And there were 3 rapists.

Should she marry all three of them?
Father gets 150 shekels of silver then.
Only one who was the first?
and the other two villains should be stoned till they die? (virginity is important!)

Or she can marry the one she finds more likeable? (or the least detestable)

Or if she lost conscientiousness before they started, and she doesn't know who was the first, and all three rapists claim to be the first, then apparently she must marry all three...

.... IDK what kind of mess up "private viewing" you've been doing that has you thinking 3 men can be responsible for taking one's physical virginity at the same time, but I am sure three guys back then didn't have your google searching powers. Meaning one man would be responsible for the physical virginity being taken for this woman.

that said a crime like this then would require them to be stoned. so more than likly if this were to happen no witnesses would be left/they would kill the girl.

The law's intention was to cover more of a date type rape circumstance.
(September 26, 2016 at 12:05 pm)mcolafson Wrote: and the girl? and her father?

No, we have to keep them alive so that they can build an ark.

[Image: Noahs-Ark_7.png?height=300&width=400]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Apply King Solomon rule, cut her into thirds.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
As I recall, the people in those times were really touchy about sloppy seconds.

I think the triple rape thing would have been an unlikely occurrence. I think the sloppy seconds (and in this case, thirds) would have been viewed as somewhat of a homo thing to do.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3345 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Hello Atheists, Agnostic here, and I would love to ask you a question about NDEs Vaino-Eesti 33 5828 April 8, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Tokikot
  A question about the love of god Lemonvariable72 84 12695 August 13, 2014 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Jesus and the money changers vorlon13 82 14452 August 10, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Purplundy
  Where Is All My Grandma's Money Going? lezbehonest 21 3559 July 29, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Fetuses are people. Unless it costs the church money popeyespappy 31 11414 February 9, 2013 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Give all your money to the poor, and follow me. CapnAwesome 46 17568 December 18, 2012 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  "In any crime - follow the money" Minimalist 9 4282 September 29, 2012 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  God cannot love or be Love. Greatest I am 0 1399 December 30, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Waste of time and money. Damn Christians. frankiej 7 2833 June 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist