Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution Theory - please show the proofs
Evolution Theory - please show the proofs
Evolution Theory - please show the proofs.

Please show absolute and conclusive proof , that the Theory of Evolution is true.

Excluded is Micro-evolution, and speciation. On these is common agreement.

Please show that mutations can cause one species to turn into another.

Please show a steady and progressive change of one kind of taxa into a completely different.

Please show the direct ancestors of all the major kind of animals: primates, carnivores, and so forth.

Please show a fossil evidence for a "granddaddy" of the monkey.

How do you explain that the eye, a complex visual system, was fully formed and functional extremely early in the fossil record.

This will be, just to begin with. After you present conclusive proof that Evolution explains all this without any doubt left, we continue with some more questions.

Answers like " might be ", " probably ", " guess ", " its supposed ", and so forth are not valid.

RE: Evolution Theory - please show the proofs
(August 23, 2010 at 11:24 pm)NoGodaloud ? Wrote: Evolution Theory - please show the proofs.

Please show absolute and conclusive proof , that the Theory of Evolution is true.

Please show me absolute and conclusive proof that you don't have ice cream on your face, photos won't do, for all i know you doctored them, videos don't count - because it might not be you or it might be old.
Still reading from the creationist playbook, huh? Do you ever bother to learn what you are talking about or do you just run your mouth?

http://atheism.about.com/od/evolutionexp..._macro.htm

Quote:There is one particular aspect of evolution that needs to be given specific attention: the somewhat artificial distinction between what is called “microevolution” and “macroevolution”, two terms often used by creationists in their attempts to critique evolution and evolutionary theory.

I hate to be the one to break this to you but scientists are already on to you and your pals' attempts to misstate the issue.

Read Richard Dawkins instead of your fucking bible. You might learn something.....special emphasis on the might because I don't think learning is part of your mindset.
I hear Obama is a really a Muslim born in Kenya... I've seen his so-called "birth certificate" but I'm absolutely certain its been faked by those evil liberals. Or international Jewish bankers. Or Al Qaida. Or something like that.
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
Quote:Excluded is Micro-evolution, and speciation.

ROFLOL

Ban
(August 23, 2010 at 11:24 pm)NoGodaloud ? Wrote: Answers like " might be ", " probably ", " guess ", " its supposed ", and so forth are not valid.

Scientific knowledge is based on reasonable certainty-- what is acquired gradually over time by use of reason and experimentation.

Absolute certainty is the provenance of the religiously obsessed and political ideologues.
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
(August 24, 2010 at 12:35 am)Entropist Wrote: Absolute certainty is the provenance of the religiously obsessed and political ideologues.

i opened this thread as a answer to Thedarkestofangels, which stated :

http://atheistforums.org/thread-4459-page-5.html

Quote:Evidence. Proof. Science has it. Creationism and theism do not.

and give him oportunity to show, his assertion is true.

(August 24, 2010 at 12:30 am)lrh9 Wrote:
Quote:Excluded is Micro-evolution, and speciation.

ROFLOL

Ban

please explain what is so funny. i would like to laugh a little , too.

(August 24, 2010 at 12:27 am)Entropist Wrote: I hear Obama is a really a Muslim born in Kenya... I've seen his so-called "birth certificate" but I'm absolutely certain its been faked by those evil liberals. Or international Jewish bankers. Or Al Qaida. Or something like that.

Wait, what?

(August 24, 2010 at 12:41 am)NoGodaloud ? Wrote: i opened this thread as a answer to Thedarkestofangels, which stated :

http://atheistforums.org/thread-4459-page-5.html

Quote:Evidence. Proof. Science has it. Creationism and theism do not.

and give him oportunity to show, his assertion is true.

I'm wondering why you chose one theory to counter his assertion. You do realize that "science" is not evolutionary theory? The term science covers a broad spectrum of facts, theories, experiments, etc. What you have done is take one theory, that you presumably don't like, and have turned it into your entire argument against science and for whatever it is you believe. You want to give him an opportunity to show that science has evidence and proof? Ask him about something that isn't a theory. Ask him about something that science declares as fact and universally claims it has proof of.

Can I just say that I hate it when science is referred to as some kind of entity like religion? Science doesn't show or have anything. Branches of science and scientists do. For example, you can say "Christians believe in god", but you can't say "Science believes in evolution." Science is just a branch of study. Like English, Social Studies, History, etc. Science is not the anti-christ. A number of different people study different sciences and they are all individuals. They don't all universally believe or disbelieve anything. Yes, these various sciences have shown us a number of different things, through the people who study them. It just sounds funny when someone says something like "Science is wrong (incorrect)" or "Science tells us. . . ". It's just so non-specific.

Just to note to everyone.

Nogodaloud has attempted to argue this on another thread as many of you have alreadly likely noticed.
On that other thread, he asked me to provide evidence in support of the evolution of human speech and the human mind.
This was my response:

Human Speech (articles):

The Evolution of Human Speech
MIT: No Easy Answers for the Evolution of Human Speech
(The above article explains that the process was complex - not that it did't happen or whatever ID nonsense you're likely to retort with.)
The Origin of Speech
Evolution of Human Speech

Human Speech (Books):
Eve Spoke: Human Language and Human Evolution
On the Evolution of Human Speech
The Human Speech Sounds
Strickburger's Evolution 4th Edition
(The above is actually a textbook concerning evolution in general. I do not know if it is a high school or a college textbook, but I find it more likely to be the latter given the presentation of the content and the book is far more specific than a textbook you'd get for a biology class. Still, it covers human evolution.)
On the Evolution of Human Behavior: The Arguement from Animals to Man
Mirror Neurons and the Evolution of Brain and Language
The Evolutoin of the Chinese Language: As Examplifying the Origin and Growth of Human Speech

The Evolution of the Human Mind (Articles):

Humans: THe Mind's Big Bang
Evolutoin and Human Origins
The Evolution of the Human Brain
Evolution of the Human Mind
THe Origins of the Human Mind: Insights from Brain Imaging and Evolution

The Evolution of the Human Mind (Books):

Evolution of the Huma Mind: Modularity, Language, and Meta-Cognition
Kludge: The Haphazard Evolution of the Human Mind
On the Origin of the Human Mind
Cosmic Conciousness: A Study of the Evolution of the Human Mind
The Evolution of Mind: Fundemental Questions and Controversies

And for the Bonus: Animal Language (Books and Articles):

Animal Talk: Breaking the Codes of Animal Language
Animal Language Institute
Website featuring published papers and books that have evidently been peer reviewed
Animals: Animal Language
Animal Cognition

His resposne?
Show me the evidence!
Also: this thread.

Draw your own conclusions.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(August 24, 2010 at 1:02 am)Shell B Wrote:
(August 24, 2010 at 12:27 am)Entropist Wrote: I hear Obama is a really a Muslim born in Kenya... I've seen his so-called "birth certificate" but I'm absolutely certain its been faked by those evil liberals. Or international Jewish bankers. Or Al Qaida. Or something like that.

Wait, what?

I'm just being a smartass: The "birthers" that believe this sort of thing are presented with proof of his birth on US soil and they just say the birth certificate is a forgery. Same thing with the OP-- you can present all the evidence in the world of evolution, but the evidence is dismissed out of hand. You can't reason with unreason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Please convince me gender is binary tackattack 189 12204 February 13, 2019 at 12:22 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theory of Evolution, Atheism, and Homophobia. RayOfLight 31 4965 October 25, 2017 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Damn, should I even be watching this show? vorlon13 13 2442 August 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Panspermia theory? mediocrates 28 4974 May 24, 2017 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Test My Theory: Macro evolution DOES happen? Gawdzilla Sama 44 12854 December 20, 2016 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Giulio Tononi's Theory of Consciousness Jehanne 11 3321 September 18, 2016 at 6:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The simple body test that proves the theory of evolution TubbyTubby 17 2761 March 22, 2016 at 5:50 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Scientific Debate: Why I assert that Darwin's theory of evolution is false Rob216 206 36225 November 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Nature: Does evolutionary theory need a rethink? Dolorian 10 4059 October 12, 2014 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Chas
  Selfish Gene Theory Mudhammam 18 6654 February 1, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam