Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The WLC/Shelly debate -- gone missing!
The WLC/Shelly debate -- gone missing!
The transcript for the William Craig and Shelly Kagan debate is to be found nowhere on WLC's website:

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/debate-transcripts

even though the debate took place in 2009 (some of Craig's debates go back all the way until 1991):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiJnCQuPiuo

It's interesting because Craig, in this debate, calls Donald Trump "immoral".  What is Craig trying to hide?
RE: The WLC/Shelly debate -- gone missing!
Harris

Krauss

Hitchens
(October 4, 2016 at 7:33 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Harris

Krauss

Hitchens

You may also find the following dialog between William Lane Craig and Walter Sinnott-Armstrong to be interesting. 

Dialog WLC  & WSA

(October 4, 2016 at 7:23 pm)Jehanne Wrote: The transcript for the William Craig and Shelly Kagan debate is to be found nowhere on WLC's website:

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/debate-transcripts

even though the debate took place in 2009 (some of Craig's debates go back all the way until 1991):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiJnCQuPiuo

It's interesting because Craig, in this debate, calls Donald Trump "immoral".  What is Craig trying to hide?

Wasted effort....it isn't as if we don't know that the Orange Baboon is immoral.
The whole point of my OP is the question of why Craig won't post that debate to his website, the transcript in particular.  Is Craig now on the Trump bandwagon?
Was it ever there? Checking the Wayback Machine for 2012, the page then does not list it.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 5, 2016 at 10:01 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Was it ever there?  Checking the Wayback Machine for 2012, the page then does not list it.

Most of his debates are there, and, it is on YouTube.  I just found it interesting why he should have decided to exclude that one?  Seems kind of disingenuous to me.
(October 5, 2016 at 10:05 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(October 5, 2016 at 10:01 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Was it ever there?  Checking the Wayback Machine for 2012, the page then does not list it.

Most of his debates are there, and, it is on YouTube.  I just found it interesting why he should have decided to exclude that one?  Seems kind of disingenuous to me.

If true, then the answer is obvious: He didn't do well in his debate with Kagan, and he knows it.
(October 4, 2016 at 10:48 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:
(October 4, 2016 at 7:33 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Harris

Krauss

Hitchens

You may also find the following dialog between William Lane Craig and Walter Sinnott-Armstrong to be interesting. 

Dialog WLC  & WSA

Wow, not sure how I never saw this before, but it looks like an interesting debate. So watching this properly later.
(October 6, 2016 at 7:42 pm)Irrational Wrote:
(October 5, 2016 at 10:05 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Most of his debates are there, and, it is on YouTube.  I just found it interesting why he should have decided to exclude that one?  Seems kind of disingenuous to me.

If true, then the answer is obvious: He didn't do well in his debate with Kagan, and he knows it.

From Jörmungandr's answer, I think that you're correct.  I was wondering if Craig is not now a Trump supporter, and that's why the thing got deleted??  But, it turns out that it was never to begin with.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12260 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Is WLC done debating? Jehanne 8 1606 September 4, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I will be gone for a few days Der/die AtheistIn 2 1156 October 19, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  New WLC debate Jehanne 18 3337 March 28, 2017 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6049 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Jesus did not rise from the dead -- My debate opening statement. Jehanne 155 23357 January 21, 2017 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  An invitation to debate. Jehanne 63 8039 December 22, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Big Debate -- Price versus Ehrman Jehanne 43 9444 November 26, 2016 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Information Catholics VS Protestants Debate Thread Edward John 164 19152 November 15, 2016 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Did Bishops (In London) Ever Debate Whether Or Not Women Were Human? ReptilianPeon 8 3381 March 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Brometheus