Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evidence For Evolution
Lightbulb 
Evidence For Evolution
Please, all fellow forum goers please post evidence for evolution on this forum for all others to see. I think this is a good idea so "certain people" can stop asking for "proof".

LINKS:

Fossil Evidence
Homologies
Distribution In Time And Space
Evidence By Example
*You can find more on this web-site*

ThinkingThinkingThinkingThinkingThinkingThinkingThinkingThinkingThinking

What Is Evolutionary Theory?

In biology, evolution is the change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms through successive generations. When a population splits into smaller groups, these groups evolve independently and develop into new species. ... (I believe this is a fairly simple to understand definition) *It is not my definition*

If It's So Good, Why Isn't It Considered Fact?

Link To Web-Site

Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
RE: Evidence For Evolution
Provide proof? Why waste my time?

Such proof is available in Darwin's own books and countless others, from any local library and indeed in science texts in many high schools. There is not now nor has there ever been a debate between evolution and literalist creationists. Evolution is established science,based on evidence which is widely available. Creationism is a religious belief based on faith,not evidence.

Without exception,no theist I've seen on a forum asking about evolution actually wants to learn anything which might challenge their preconceived ideas..

If such people want to learn,let them to go their local library.OR perhaps have a quiet chat with a decent science teacher at their primary school,high school or university.

My overall perception is those inquirers [we get here] are disingenuous at worst,and willfully ignorant at best. I consider willful ignorance far worse than clinical stupidity.
Talk_Origins already has all the evidence needed to sustain evolution against these nuts.

The problem is, as Pad says, not a question of evidence but of belief.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Likewise, you can lead a horse's ass to the facts but you can't make him think.
(August 27, 2010 at 12:45 am)padraic Wrote: Provide proof? Why waste my time?

Such proof is available in Darwin's own books and countless others, from any local library and indeed in science texts in many high schools. There is not now nor has there ever been a debate between evolution and literalist creationists. Evolution is established science,based on evidence which is widely available. Creationism is a religious belief based on faith,not evidence.

Without exception,no theist I've seen on a forum asking about evolution actually wants to learn anything which might challenge their preconceived ideas..

If such people want to learn,let them to go their local library.OR perhaps have a quiet chat with a decent science teacher at their primary school,high school or university.

My overall perception is those inquirers [we get here] are disingenuous at worst,and willfully ignorant at best. I consider willful ignorance far worse than clinical stupidity.

http://elshamah.heavenforum.com/philosop...w-t335.htm

Quote:Science has been redefined to include only naturalistic explanations. All observed and hypothesized processes in the universe must be the result of natural causes. No supernatural explanations are allowed.

"Naturalistic science" points to naturalism, whether philosophical or methodological, both of which are essentially the same. Neither of which will allow the supernatural as a cause for anything in this world, even if logical. Natural causes must account for everything. So if scientific findings shows limits in natural causes, it doesn't matter because natural causes must have done everything. This shows that it is not the science that is important, but the reigning philosophy of naturalism. By definition, it will exclude any other possible explanation, whether presuppositional or logical or even rational, including the possibility of the supernatural, so it is true that naturalistic "science", or rather the naturalistic interpretation of scientific evidence will always miss a supernatural explanation. Whatever the supernatural is, the naturalistic mind will not accept it. That's why it is true that research today is not about finding real answers, but only confirming a naturalistic philosophy.

naturalism makes God an unnecessary hypothesis and essentially superfluous to scientific investigation.

the essence of science is the testing of hypotheses against the evidence. The definition we just heard is that science starts with the assumption that everything in the world can be explained without recourse to supernatural causes."

Current science leads however logically to God, since the origin of the universe, its finetuning to advanced lifeforms, life, DNA as highly complex information carrier ( information has always a mind as origin ), humans with conscience, sense of moral values, and the ability of communication, thinking and speak, Einstein's Gulf,
on which

http://www.icr.org/article/einsteins-gul...-cross-it/

" On the one side, we find the real world of objects, events, and tensional spacetime relations. On the other side, we find fully abstract representations that contain information about the material world. That articulate information is abstracted first by our senses, secondarily by our bodily actions, and tertiarily by our ability to use one or more particular languages . Between the two realms we find what appears to be an uncrossable gulf." At any rate, no one who has offered a denial , has given even a slightly plausible account of how material objects can be spontaneously enter the realm of articulate and intelligent thought.

all these phenomenas do not find reasonable explanations in natural causes, and lead logically to God as the best explanation.
And, just like clockwork, another one shows up singing the same old tune. Or is it the same one?

Fire up The Gauntlet.
(August 27, 2010 at 1:28 am)Minimalist Wrote: And, just like clockwork, another one shows up singing the same old tune. Or is it the same one?

[Image: 4278.zombies.jpg]
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evidence to Convict? RoadRunner79 262 63934 August 15, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Is‏ ‏there 50 evidence of evolution?‎ king krish 74 11671 January 14, 2015 at 1:50 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Precision in Nature: Evidence of God or Accidents? Alter2Ego 20 8224 August 13, 2013 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Something completely different
  Researchers Find More Evidence That Dolphins Use Names pocaracas 6 2215 July 25, 2013 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Evidence of life on Europa and Enceladus? popeyespappy 7 3125 July 8, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30328 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Best Evidence For Evolution RonaldReagansGhost666 35 15486 February 12, 2013 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Zone
  An Apologist's Reference for Evidence of Evolution Erinome 28 8924 December 29, 2011 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Neanderthals are us– More evidence Justtristo 0 1307 August 29, 2011 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Justtristo