Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby's First Hurricane
Baby's First Hurricane
Tried to go to the bank... closed.

Tried to go to work... closed.

Stopped at the grocery store... not closed! We have plenty of necessary provisions in the house, but we were lacking in junk food and alcohol. Now I just wish I had some weed.

Hunkering down. The phone is charged and so is my Kindle. I think I'm all set.

Everyone in Matthew's path: stay safe, and please evacuate if they've asked you to.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
RE: Baby's First Hurricane
Seems like you've done all you can do. 

When does it hit?
(October 6, 2016 at 4:26 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Seems like you've done all you can do. 

When does it hit?

Who really knows? They keep saying about midnight, but then it changes. This one's kinda volatile, apparently. I've got beer, though, so I'm good Big Grin
I never knew you moved to FL. I'm watching the live stream for this (got family down there).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 6, 2016 at 4:35 pm)c172 Wrote: I never knew you moved to FL. I'm watching the live stream for this (got family down there).

I've been here for three months, but I want to be home by summer. The depression got so bad, I stopped taking care of myself, so my mom flew me out here so she and my stepdad could take care of me for a while. It's working, and I'm looking forward to going back to SD.

Where's your family, c? Are they in a safe place?
(October 6, 2016 at 4:37 pm)The_Empress Wrote:
(October 6, 2016 at 4:35 pm)c172 Wrote: I never knew you moved to FL. I'm watching the live stream for this (got family down there).

I've been here for three months, but I want to be home by summer. The depression got so bad, I stopped taking care of myself, so my mom flew me out here so she and my stepdad could take care of me for a while. It's working, and I'm looking forward to going back to SD.

Where's your family, c? Are they in a safe place?

They are in the Port St. Lucie/Fort Pierce area and the Orlando area. Nobody has decided to evacuate. I lived in the Clearwater area in the early '90s. Hated it back then, but I miss a lot of things about it now. Not the rain, though. I do snow much better than rain.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Stay safe everyone. I'm getting the fuck out of here Saturday morning and spending the day in the mountains until it blows over.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(October 6, 2016 at 4:30 pm)The_Empress Wrote:
(October 6, 2016 at 4:26 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Seems like you've done all you can do. 

When does it hit?

Who really knows? They keep saying about midnight, but then it changes. This one's kinda volatile, apparently. I've got beer, though, so I'm good Big Grin

he heh..Maybe you'll sleep through the worst of it, then.

Good luck, riding out the storm, Baby. Smile 
I hope you and your folks stay safe and dry.

Yours as well, c.
Do you board up the windows and such? I remember a friend in Houston doing that when they got hit.
Dafuq?! Matthew is headed for southern California?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Hurricane updates. Brian37 43 1985 September 6, 2019 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Baby pictures/Videos ect..... Brian37 12 863 December 7, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4122 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Hurricane Highway help... Brian37 5 458 September 21, 2018 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3636 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  BABY ON BOARD signs Bahana 97 10886 October 13, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hurricane Cheeto Head chimp3 2 424 July 18, 2017 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Where things stand (baby news update from the geneticist) Catholic_Lady 17 2939 December 10, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  baby boy name. vote your fav! Catholic_Lady 94 7973 July 16, 2016 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: rado84
  saw my baby graduate Joods 28 2316 June 10, 2016 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus