Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I only know a little
I only know a little
So I was thinking...Could brain death/damage be reversed with a very low level Emp?
RE: I only know a little
(October 9, 2016 at 2:40 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So I was thinking...Could brain death/damage be reversed with a very low level Emp?

Unlikely.  The damage would be at the cellular level, actual decay of neurons.  First you would have to figure out how to regrow the neurons, and then you would have to re-create the connections that each neuron had to other cells.  Even if you could stimulate the brain to regrow neural networks, there's no guarantee that it would contain any of the memories that were formerly there unless you had previously thoroughly mapped the brain.

Currently neuroscience doesn't have the ability to record brain structures in such detail.  Individual cells can be examined microscopically, and brain regions can be mapped and even stimulated with a functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) machine, but there's no way at present to "record" the entirety of someone's brain so that damaged parts can be fixed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Do They fit the CMB Into those Little Ovens? Rhondazvous 16 2355 April 26, 2019 at 7:32 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Is "empty space" empty (only reasonable answers) reality.Mathematician 22 3463 June 24, 2014 at 3:33 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  If the moon were only 1 pixel... Darth 1 941 March 8, 2014 at 7:39 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  A little astronomy video I created orogenicman 16 4481 August 19, 2013 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Godscreated