Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever feel like eating your computer?
Ever feel like eating your computer?
I've spent the day trying to set up my new computer and download what I want on here in order to make music.

It's nothing new to me to use these programs but I've never really dedicated this much money and time into making a good music set up on my computer.

I suppose my first question would be, how the fuck can it be so complicated to buy things and use them when it comes to music.

My only goal has been to buy 2 Virtual instruments and a sample pack and every single inch of the way along this journey today there's been problems.

1st instrument) Payment for the instrument went through fine but it wouldn't go out of the demo version without some intense deleting of the demo version from every section of my pc.  Which is fair enough it didn't take too long to figure out but I thought they could have made the installation of the main program and the uninstallation of the demo more simple or maybe even automatic.

2nd instrument) The website for this product was shit, the website wouldn't take my payment either thru paypal or by card payment.  I know people who can definitely download this for free and it's much easier to get it that way.

Sample pack) I thought the payment had gone through but when I look at my paypal activity it says nothing has happened, the people who sell the sample pack say no payment has gone through, again this is both through paypal and card payment.  This is after phoning my bank up and being certain there's money in there and no limitations on my cards spending or limitations on the types of purchases my card can complete.

Anyway in summery, I have one question and one statement.  My question would be has anyone else had issues with paypal?

Secondly, kudos to anyone who works with computers/computer programs, because I feel like throwing mine very far and high right out of the fucking window, and I've only just bought it.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Ever feel like eating your computer?
I'm interested in producing(electronic) music myself. I can't get around to start teaching myself how to, though. So good luck, I guess.
I've never had any issues with PayPal.

I did have issues with iCloud nearly immediately. Turns out when you upload something and delete it to clear up space, the iCloud has a trash that stores those deleted files for 30 days, which still takes up space. You can't see what's in the trash if you stop an upload before it's finished unless you configure your device to see hidden folders, which is not an easy option to enable, requiring the damn terminal.

That was a maze to figure out.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
PayPal has been fine for me.
(October 9, 2016 at 2:59 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: PayPal has been fine for me.

Here's what I'm worried about with paypal.  I've been continually clicking on pay now, or buy now, or whatever the option is.  And the company who is supposed to receive the money hasn't and paypal has logged no actions from my account, no payments no nothing.  My bank has also logged no transactions apart from the paypal transaction which I mentioned previously in buying the 1st instrument I bought. 
Now, what worries me is, will paypal all of a sudden charge me 5 times and it will suddenly show in my activity all in one go?     I doubt this will happen but the thought has crossed my mind.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Isn't there a pending transactions tab?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Sorry false alarm, I might have just put in some wrong info.  I used someone elses card with their permission and now it works.

After this next purchase has been downloaded that'll be mission complete for today. And it only took me around 6 hours.

I still don't know why paypal didn't work for the last purchase but did for the first one but whatever, I feel some relief now.

So whud'ya buy?

I've had a dedicated music computer for quite a while now. For many years most of my software was... er, sourced via alternative methods. When I did a long over due rebuild of the studio machine earlier this year, I went legit with the OS and DAW and some of the plugs. Definitely easier and works better with legit software.
Computers, by definition, are idiots.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple computer! zebo-the-fat 8 666 September 22, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Could we teach a computer to lie? Mechaghostman2 8 591 October 27, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What computer do you have? paulpablo 67 11086 September 29, 2016 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Computer memory and storage dyresand 22 3204 June 29, 2016 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Any computer nerds here? Hard reboots abaris 37 7071 March 31, 2016 at 7:57 am
Last Post: rado84
  Time to build a new computer ... Aractus 34 6329 August 14, 2014 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Nine
  The Computer Thread wolf39us 45 10266 July 1, 2014 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Technology, video, phone & computer questions Angrboda 26 5642 January 1, 2014 at 2:21 am
  The Heretic Becomes a Businessman: The story of computer repair Creed of Heresy 4 2398 April 8, 2013 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Baalzebutt
  new computer paulpablo 11 5012 March 14, 2013 at 2:28 pm