Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Against religious fanatics
Against religious fanatics
I would like some feedback on this essay I recently finished. Thank you in advanced.

[snip]
RE: Against religious fanatics
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!

I can no longer be nice about this. Read the fucking rules.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 9, 2016 at 5:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!

I can no longer be nice about this.  Read the fucking rules.

Boru

I just read the rules. What's the problem?
A link. 30/30. You are nowhere near there. 

Also, intro?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Not interested in any linked essay. If you got something to say on the matter, say it here. But don't write the new American novel. Just say what you want to say.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 9, 2016 at 7:08 pm)purity Wrote:
(October 9, 2016 at 5:30 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!!!!!!!!!!

I can no longer be nice about this.  Read the fucking rules.

Boru

I just read the rules. What's the problem?

Maybe reading comprehension.

Yeah, I'm not reading that. At least not at this time.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 9, 2016 at 7:13 pm)abaris Wrote: Not interested in any linked essay. If you got something to say on the matter, say it here. But don't write the new American novel. Just say what you want to say.

Then don't download it. I said what I wanted to say on the essay that I wrote, ok? Only after the fact did I decide to look for some feedback online. Apparently I stopped at the wrong place. It's incredible that people are giving me crap for merely posting a link strictly related to the subject of the forum. Outrageously ridiculous.
We have rules to maintain order here.

The 30/30 rule is a reasonable accommodation in maintaining the signal to noise ratio here in an internet otherwise full of all manner of detritus.

Thank you for your cooperation.

And welcome to the forum. Please stop by the intro area and introduce yourself.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

We've no way of knowing whether said link has a virus or some such. You're new. You need to earn trust. You didn't even do an intro.

ETA: Oops, ninjas.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 9, 2016 at 8:13 pm)purity Wrote:
(October 9, 2016 at 7:13 pm)abaris Wrote: Not interested in any linked essay. If you got something to say on the matter, say it here. But don't write the new American novel. Just say what you want to say.

Then don't download it. I said what I wanted to say on the essay that I wrote, ok? Only after the fact did I decide to look for some feedback online. Apparently I stopped at the wrong place. It's incredible that people are giving me crap for merely posting a link strictly related to the subject of the forum. Outrageously ridiculous.

Yeah, the rules should be applied to everyone but you. I was not aware how special you are.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yahweh Killed by Operation Rescue fanatics Rhondazvous 7 1773 April 8, 2016 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32883 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
Sad Guy on FOX is Religious. [Against Lady Gaga and Islam] HeyItsZeus 10 5927 April 21, 2011 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas