Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox saved my ass...
Firefox saved my ass...
or, rather, my computer's ass.

To make a very long story short -- received an email from a family doctor that appeared to be completely authentic; was even from the doc's correct email with his signature, address, phone number and title.  Email invited me to click on a "secure Google document", but when I did, Firefox had already flagged the website as being malicious.  Turns out that it was located in Dubai!

With this incident, I am now a lifelong Firefox user!
RE: Firefox saved my ass...
Always used Firefox, always will. Chrome can suck a fat one.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
You should totally switch to Chrome. Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
And Edge can watch from the corner and not get involved in any way, worthless bastard.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Firefox is a shit browser. Especially if you run plugs as simple as flash.

Rule of thumb, if it isn't your doctor and you're not expecting any message from them, don't click it. Also hovering over the included link should tell you the ugly truth even before you are in any kind of browser.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I use Firefox and Brave, personally.
They'll have to pry Firefox from my cold dead fingers.
(October 11, 2016 at 7:16 pm)Jehanne Wrote: or, rather, my computer's ass.

To make a very long story short -- received an email from a family doctor that appeared to be completely authentic; was even from the doc's correct email with his signature, address, phone number and title.  Email invited me to click on a "secure Google document", but when I did, Firefox had already flagged the website as being malicious.  Turns out that it was located in Dubai!

With this incident, I am now a lifelong Firefox user!

That highlights the fact that in-browser security is required. Not just the built-in malicious website protection, but also by disabling the flash plugin, installing the MVPS hosts file and uBlock Origin installed with malware filters and ad server filters enabled. They are just as important as a virus scanner in my mind, because they protect you from potential threats before they are executed and become the problem of your virus scanner. And of course they protect you from phishing websites. It's not a complete protection of course, but it helps.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
If I get an unexpected email from any business I'm using, I never open any link until I call them and verify they sent it, what it is, etc.

Firefox is one of the best browsers available, I use it has my main and it has never done me wrong. Running a VPN and a I2p behind it as well also helps making it more secure.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Firefox quantum really better than Google Chrome? ErGingerbreadMandude 19 3115 November 19, 2017 at 2:31 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Microsoft is a pain in the ass Joods 72 10564 February 29, 2016 at 11:09 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  What's the deal with general Crawler in Firefox? abaris 4 1952 June 12, 2015 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Anyone else having "adblock" Firefox problems? Foxaèr 16 4623 August 20, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Firefox 23, embedded flash (youtube) and https pocaracas 4 2234 August 8, 2013 at 11:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Firefox ... Good? Bad? Cinjin 19 7454 June 9, 2011 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Best Security & Privacy Add-ons for Firefox Tiberius 9 5158 May 26, 2011 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn