Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for an intilectual sparing partner
looking for an intilectual sparing partner
Hey everybody, not looking to be too invlolved here in the community at large. But i am hoping to find maybe one or two people i can engage with regularly who is intilectualy honest, and can help develop my thesis for future evangilism.

I understand some of you may find that counter productive to your assertion there isn't a god. However iron sharpens iron, and i'm sure we both have somthing to learn from eachother. Smile

Now, i'll get on with a quick run down of my belief foundation. Please start with an introduction of yourself via PM and i will discuss the progress of my thesis and some of the trouble i have encountered. Thanks! Smile

my belief in Jesus Christ being God in the flesh has to do with how unuiqe he was as a historcal figure, with refurence to non-biblical records as well. The remarkable historicity of the bible. Reliability of translation , from both scholars and the dead sea scrolls. Multiple accounts of prohpetic fullfilment, scientific and otherwise. And generaly harboring more reason and consistency than the proposed contrary of a godless un-governed universe offers.
RE: looking for an intilectual sparing partner
(October 12, 2016 at 12:24 am)Soldat Du Christ Wrote: your assertion there isn't a god

This isn't actually the default state of atheism. Atheism just means a disbelief in a god or gods. It's not necessarily an assertion that there is no god. There are some people here who take that extra step, though. I'll leave anything else involving that to another thread though, because this is a place where I should be welcoming you. So, welcome Big Grin

As for the rest, good luck. Generally forums are full of people seeking open discussion. That goes for me as well. Hopefully you'll find someone who is more interested than I am. If you do happen to post more on the forums, I'd be more than happy to talk out beliefs with you. Maybe I'll see you around some more.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Quote:and can help develop my thesis for future evangilism.

You might start by learning to spell evangelism.
(October 12, 2016 at 12:34 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:and can help develop my thesis for future evangilism.

You might start by learning to spell evangelism.

This is the introduction section, Min. Play nice. We can pull the claws out later. Tongue
I don't believe you. Get over it.
That IS nice.

You know what I can be like when I'm not.
lol, Min.

Welcome to the forum, Soldier. Speaking for myself only, I refuse to debate via PMs. My inbox is for personall correspondence. I suspect others here may feel the same way. In that sense, you're perhaps avoiding the real whetstone, which is open discussion. I understand you may not want to deal with personal attacks and so on, but that's why you've got an ignore function on your control panel.

Welcome to AF, sir.  One of my favorite biblical principles is to 'get the log out of your eye.'  I remember reading this phrase in Ken Sande's The Peacemaker, which was a pretty cool read.  What is your favorite biblical principle, sir?

Unless you have actual evidence for your claims, I doubt there's much to be learned. Welcome anyway.
Welcome. I very much doubt you'll find what you are looking for here.

Why would anyone want to take you up on your offer of discussion by PM only? You need to make it an interesting offer.
Welcome!

As I only get involved in discussions like this in the open forum, I won't be taking you up on your offer.

Hope you get what you're looking for.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for like-minded people, I found this forum! LivingForever 33 3959 November 3, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Struggling with Catholic Partner Satch 22 3114 November 17, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Another man looking for truth Dayron 41 6207 August 18, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
Tongue Looking for a place to belong pocket god 18 3046 May 26, 2015 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  Raised as a Christian - looking for discussion GriffinHunter 32 7005 March 19, 2015 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Hey everyone looking for a fresh start teslafie 3 1180 July 1, 2014 at 8:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Tongue Looking for some atheists friends,Would like to widen my skills in debating. MountainsWinAgain 16 3192 May 22, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Hello, is it you i'm looking for? I can see it in your eyes... djkamilo 13 2564 January 4, 2014 at 4:52 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Hello...Looking to learn more here StoryBook 25 4982 December 20, 2013 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Looking for new forum home. Hobbitgirl 41 6821 November 1, 2013 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Ben Davis