Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A view on Trump's concession speech
A view on Trump's concession speech
What does Trump's concession speech sound like? What do we expect him to do these next few weeks as he circles the drain?

Here's one opinion from my favorite blogger (excerpted from the essay, "Salt the Earth" at ginandtacos.com):

Gin and Tacos Wrote:With one tweet, the Republican nominee for president essentially kicked off a month of what promises to be pure scorched Earth politics. If he can't win, then causing as much misery and destruction as possible on his way to the losers' podium is the next best thing. I still expect this to culminate with an insistence shortly before Election Day – timing the announcement to cause maximum damage to the GOP he now hates as much as the Democrats – that his supporters shouldn't bother voting, that he never really wanted to be president anyway, and that he's come to the conclusion that America does not deserve his genius. He's been laying the groundwork for his post-defeat narrative since the summer, creating a "Stab in the Back" legend before the ballots even had his name printed on them.
RE: A view on Trump's concession speech
My prediction:

He won't concede. He will instead complain loudly and publicly of election fraud, probably point to a load of unscientific polls that show him ahead in states he loses. He will then try and get as many recounts underway as possible. He will probably use a team of lawyers to challenge results in as many states as he can (and I believe he probably already has them prepared ahead of time). He might even take it to the Supreme Court like in the 2000 election.

Even after Clinton is inaugurated, he will continue spouting the election fraud theories publicly, along with mounting a campaign for the Republican ticket in 2020.

The Republicans will adopt a super-delegate system for the primaries just like the Democrats have, just to ensure that a person like Trump cannot become their nominee again.
And I'll be laughing my tits off the entire way Big Grin
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
You sound British. For which I am currently jealous (except for the whole brexit thing...).
Indeed I am good sir/madam! Nice to meet you, welcome to AF Smile
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(October 12, 2016 at 11:24 am)Tiberius Wrote: My prediction:

He won't concede. He will instead complain loudly and publicly of election fraud, probably point to a load of unscientific polls that show him ahead in states he loses. He will then try and get as many recounts underway as possible. He will probably use a team of lawyers to challenge results in as many states as he can (and I believe he probably already has them prepared ahead of time). He might even take it to the Supreme Court like in the 2000 election.

Even after Clinton is inaugurated, he will continue spouting the election fraud theories publicly, along with mounting a campaign for the Republican ticket in 2020.

The Republicans will adopt a super-delegate system for the primaries just like the Democrats have, just to ensure that a person like Trump cannot become their nominee again.

I think you nailed it, Tiberius, though I'm doubtful that he would seek another GOP nomination in 2020. Even he must know that would be a non-starter. However, a run as an independent? I wouldn't rule it out.  Either way, his day in the political sun is over. But like Palin before him, he'll be slow to get that memo, and his insatiable ego will keep him in the news long after his sell-by date.

The real question is what happens to the GOP after this fiasco? They've lost any claim on Trump's hardline supporters, have probably squandered a lot of the goodwill they enjoyed in Christian circles, and seem no wiser when it comes to appealing to women and minorities than they were 18 months ago. Of course, there will be yet another soul-searching internal party report (as there were following their last two presidential losses) with the usual calls to reach out to Latinos, blacks, women, young voters . . . anyone beyond their ever-dwindling base. There might even be a few of them who echo Bobby J's call to stop being the party of stupid. But then it will be back to obstructing the Democratic president at every turn and pushing the usual warmed-over policy nostrums they've hawked for 40 years now. And we'll see some of the same faces in the next election: Cruz (hopelessly crippled by his pathetic, slavish knuckling under to Trump), Pence (whose appeal doesn't extend much beyond the Jesus freaks), Rubio (their great Latino hope and a strong possibility to be nominee), and of course whichever token black candidate they can get to run in the primary so they can look inclusive before showing his ass to the door, as they always do.
The Divine Tiberius may be new to the US but I think he has quickly figured Drumpf out.

BTW, this finally makes the news.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/trump-to...rl-report/

Quote:Trump to head to court in December for allegedly tying up and raping a 13-year-old girl: report

Obviously this won't bother his fans - or the church - at all.
A concession speech would require him to recognize that he failed, and I think his ego is too big to allow for that. He will claim "crooked Hillary" rigged the election until the day he dies, all the while blaming everyone but himself for the loss. Such is the contradiction that is Donald Trump.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I bet he won't be mentioning this.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/his-hand...-assaults/

Quote:‘His hands were everywhere’: Two women abused by Trump speak out about assaults

Come on, Drumpfucks, let's hear it.  "The bitches had it coming."
(October 12, 2016 at 11:35 am)mihoda Wrote: You sound British. For which I am currently jealous (except for the whole brexit thing...).

Why?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats your view on Threat Actors Woah0 12 905 August 29, 2022 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  J.R.R Tolkien historical support of Franco of Spain, whats your view on it? Woah0 2 475 August 14, 2022 at 8:12 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  "Team Normal" A Redneck atheist view. Brian37 0 281 June 17, 2022 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1025 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2442 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Navalny’s speech from court Fake Messiah 3 235 February 5, 2021 at 5:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1055 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36890 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Do You Suppose This Slimeball Remembers This Speech? Minimalist 1 356 August 22, 2018 at 7:35 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  We may have different points of view but can we still be friends? GODZILLA 26 3701 May 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie