Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Up?
Up?
This is a question for theists:

Why do most mythical religious figures go up? Pentecostals call the Holy Spirit down. Jesus and Mary ascended. Muhammed (Bandit warlord that he was) rode a horse up.

If you are standing in Kentucky up is down if you are in a boat off the west coast of Australia. Therefore if a person in Australia called down the Holy Spirit wouldn't it come from the below the ground?

If Jesus or Muhammed (and the horse he rode out on) rose up at noon he would end up in a different place than if he rose up at midnight.

Are the heavens located in a ring around the earth or did this "up" thing start because the creators of these myths were simply ignorant of the topography of the earth and it's movements through space?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Up?
Down.
Around
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You're making me dizzy!

I am the right Goddess, so you have to call me left.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(October 12, 2016 at 7:27 pm)Jesster Wrote: I am the right Goddess, so you have to call me left.

You paradoxical goddess enigma person you!

You spin me right round baby, right round.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Great question!

From a geocentric 3d perspective, earth is down and all the starry heavens + everything beyond is "up".

From a 4d perspective, "up" is forward in time toward the great completion of creation by the establishing of "God's Kingdom" here on earth and the renovation of the entire universe.

From a 5d perspective, "up" is forwards in being/upwards in time. This is the accumulation of spiritual virtues and qualities of soul that result in self growth over time and beneficial interaction with environment. "Down" in 5d is the accumulation of negative "sinful" licentious qualities that result in the destruction of self over time due to parasitic interaction with environment.

From a universal perspective (in the model I have worked out) "up" is the top antimatter hemisphere of the spherical universe while matter forms on the bottom half. That would be local "heaven" compared to our "earthly" composition and orientation to the larger ruling structural powers in the universe. One being the central point of the universe between hemispheres and outside our local bend of space-time. Both it and the anti-matter "heavens" are "up" to our section of the universe.

Up in the metaversal perspective is "backwards" in time, up through the planes of universes established before ours. Down is the direction of a wavefront leaving infinite universes in it's wake like the froth of bubbles behind a wave on an infinite ocean.

This is where "up" in either direction finally becomes the same place because above the metaversal stack and below it is the same original one infinite substance. It is the source of the movement (metaverse), medium of the movement and recipient of the movement.

In the body of the infinite substance before the inflation (cavitation) of voids-spaces (universes)....there is no preferential direction and no differentiation of mass or energy to establish any kind of orientation , there is no "up".
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(October 12, 2016 at 8:02 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Great question!  

From a geocentric 3d perspective, earth is down and all the starry heavens + everything beyond is "up".

From a 4d perspective, "up" is forward in time toward the great completion of creation by the establishing of "God's Kingdom" here on earth and the renovation of the entire universe.

From a 5d perspective, "up" is forwards in being/upwards in time. This is the accumulation of spiritual virtues and qualities of soul that result in self growth over time and beneficial interaction with environment. "Down" in 5d is the accumulation of negative "sinful" licentious qualities that result in the destruction of self over time due to parasitic interaction with environment.

From a universal perspective (in the model I have worked out) "up" is the top antimatter hemisphere of the spherical universe while matter forms on the bottom half. That would be local "heaven" compared to our "earthly" composition and orientation to the larger ruling structural powers in the universe. One being the central point of the universe between hemispheres and outside our local bend of space-time. Both it and the anti-matter "heavens" are "up" to our section of the universe.

Up in the metaversal perspective is "backwards" in time, up through the planes of universes established before ours. Down is the direction of a wavefront leaving infinite universes in it's wake like the froth of bubbles behind a wave on an infinite ocean.

This is where "up" in either direction finally becomes the same place because above the metaversal stack and below it is the same original one infinite substance. It is the source of the movement (metaverse), medium of the movement and recipient of the movement.

In the body of the infinite substance before the inflation (cavitation) of voids-spaces (universes)....there is no preferential direction and no differentiation of mass or energy to establish any kind of orientation , there is no "up".
You are such a fucking idiot I can't stand it. One just has to laugh.

(October 12, 2016 at 8:04 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(October 12, 2016 at 8:02 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: Great question!  

You are such a fucking idiot I can't stand it. One just has to laugh.

Then it is the best medicine. Tongue
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder