Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:31 am

Poll: Where you stand?
This poll is closed.
There is no karma and no future lives so criminals get off the hook
58.54%
24 58.54%
There is karma and nobody who commit crimes get off the hook.
7.32%
3 7.32%
I wouldn't know, in any case I don't care
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Karma poll
Karma poll
Karma doesn't go down with atheism for obvious reasons.
If there is karma there also got to be reincarnation and if there are these two things then there got to be someone who administer justice out there which would only be God so to agree with karma would also means that you agree with the existence of God which would eliminate automatically atheism.

If there is no karma and no reincarnation then those who commit criminal acts that have not paid in this life would get out the hook and justice would never be done.
Statistics tell us that most of the criminal acts are never been brought to justice so these criminals will never pay for their crimes.
How good for these criminals!
Gee, this great for them, isn't it?

On the other hand if there is karma, reincarnation and God then justice only got to be done in future lives as one life can not possibly be enough to serve justice and if this is true then a criminal may be reborn  in any appearance whether this may be as a little innocent looking child or a nasty ugly figure.

It is rather difficult to see this as real but it is also very difficult to expect that criminals get off the hook
as per magic so both hypothesis need a thought.
RE: Karma poll
There can easily be karma without a god, if it's just part of the natural laws of the universe. Plenty of buddhists are atheists and also believe in karma.

Karma =/= god.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
[Image: raw]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
You make karma sound like a placebo for folks who don't like seeing others get away with murder, yet are too powerless to do anything about it.
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
Add this to your poll, What the fuck did I do to deserve being me?
(October 13, 2016 at 8:43 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: There can easily be karma without a god, if it's just part of the natural laws of the universe.  Plenty of buddhists are atheists and also believe in karma.

Karma =/= god.

Gee, something new to me mate.  Lightbulb
I didn't know that Buddhists are atheists.  Rolleyes
Can you please explain to me how a religious person can be atheist?  Thanks
(October 13, 2016 at 8:56 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(October 13, 2016 at 8:43 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: There can easily be karma without a god, if it's just part of the natural laws of the universe.  Plenty of buddhists are atheists and also believe in karma.

Karma =/= god.

Gee, something new to me mate.  Lightbulb

Because Buddhism doesn't require the belief in a god.  You can be buddhist and atheist.  Many are.
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 13, 2016 at 8:59 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(October 13, 2016 at 8:56 am)Little Rik Wrote: Gee, something new to me mate.  Lightbulb

Because Buddhism doesn't require the belief in a god.  You can be buddhist and atheist.  Many are.

Wrong mate. Shake Fist

Buddha had a lot of intuition.
He knew that if he would preach God to ignorant masses his message would never be understood
so he opt for something different in order to get to the point anyway.
He taught yoga to these people.
Yoga is all about reducing the distance that separate us from God.
Buddha was a master of yoga.
He just used the best tactic available to him in order to reach the best result.
The first stages of yoga do not require an immediate believe in God but as soon as you advance in the practice you are bound to understand that a mighty force is waiting for you.

Most Buddhists have lost the understanding of what Buddha was teaching that is why Buddha deep spirituality was transformed into the religion that we got these days.
In other words Buddha original teaching have absolutely nothing to do with atheism.  Lightbulb
(October 13, 2016 at 9:11 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(October 13, 2016 at 8:59 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Because Buddhism doesn't require the belief in a god.  You can be buddhist and atheist.  Many are.

Wrong mate.  Shake Fist

He knew that if he would preach God to ignorant masses his message would never be understood
He just used the best tactic available to him in order to reach the best result.
The first stages of yoga do not require an immediate believe in God but as soon as you advance in the practice you are bound to understand that a mighty force is waiting for you.

Most Buddhists have lost the understanding of what Buddha was teaching that is why Buddha deep spirituality was transformed into the religion that we got these days.
In other words Buddha original teaching have absolutely nothing to do with atheism.  Lightbulb

So you're saying that all Buddhists believe in god?  Or just the 'right' ones?
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 13, 2016 at 9:12 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(October 13, 2016 at 9:11 am)Little Rik Wrote: Wrong mate.  Shake Fist

So you're saying that all Buddhists believe in god?  Or just the 'right' ones?

If you only would know what is the difference between spirituality and religion you would know that
today Buddhism has very little to do with what Buddha was teaching.

The real yoga in Buddhism has been almost lost with very few exceptions like zen Buddhism.
Just go in most of Asia country where there are Buddhists.
All they do is to go in the temple, light an incense stick pray to Buddha for material wealth or physical
health and that's it.
Nothing really to do with Buddha yoga that is why atheism in Buddhism is just a farce.  Lightbulb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keep or Remove Religion Poll FrustratedFool 36 2295 December 11, 2023 at 2:40 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Karma's a ***! zwanzig 25 1878 August 5, 2023 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes? Mystical 27 3375 December 19, 2016 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mystical
  New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam Heat 2 1568 December 10, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gallup Poll Minimalist 2 1413 May 29, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Kittenshere Poll - Atheists Only! Darwinian 30 10921 September 9, 2009 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Poll: Do your beliefs match those of your peers? fr0d0 13 6947 May 20, 2009 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  The God Poll Darwinian 0 2445 September 25, 2008 at 4:02 am
Last Post: Darwinian