Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, new guy here
Hello, new guy here
Hi all. Hailing from North Carolina, U.S. Just wanted to introduce myself before I started browsing topics across the forums.

I've lived up and down the east coast of the United States, from Massachusetts to Florida. Spent most of my life in Delaware.

When I was 9, in Florida, I attended church with my friends. When the preacher told a story that didn't make any sense, I had my first doubts. When everyone bowed their heads to pray, I looked up, and was thunderstruck at how many people were there, doing absolutely nothing besides think.

I didn't know the term "Atheist" until I was 12, and that's when I knew that's what I was. My dad gave one last ditch attempt to convert me when I was 16, taking me to church after my diligent resistance was eventually worn down. It was there I laughed and said "never would I ever believe any of this" when other teenagers showed a video they made, where a nerdy kid was trying to defend evolution, and he was mocked and ridiculed by the others until he killed himself. No bullshit.

I am a strong fan of science. Still a nerd at 32. Love movies, tv, video games, books. My wife converted to Atheism when she met me, though that story is a long one.

Full disclosure: I joined this site to try and spread my YouTube channel. I read the rules, and I understand that I cannot post any links until I have been here for 30 days and I have at least 30 posts. But I also look forward to discussions on many topics, and should have joined long before I started the channel, and I plan on staying long after I stop (though I have zero plans to end anytime soon).

Thanks for having me!
Subscribe to Atheist News! Also, check out my latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtheistNews
RE: Hello, new guy here
Welcome. I once lived in the sticks of SWNC and at least down there, it was rather an atheist hell. Looking forward to when 30/30 passes for you. I need to follow some atheism YouTubers.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Greetings, New Guy.
Welcome aboard, Casca, I hope you like it here!
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Welcome aboard. I prefer the interaction of the forums to youtube pontificators for the most part. But I'm sure there is a following there to be had and wish you luck with it.
Thanks for your post, Casca.  I'm also a fellow nerd.  Welcome to AF, sir.  It is a pleasure to have you with us.

Welcome to the forum, Casca. Hope you stick around.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Me also from NC........... Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.
Welcome Casca! Great group here!
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Heyas, welcome to the forum Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Here Nomistic 13 520 February 12, 2024 at 1:42 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  I'm new here Sigiere 14 953 May 24, 2023 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New here Rdougall 9 1253 January 27, 2023 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New guy here Roykok 8 1081 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New Here probablynothing#34 18 1368 June 30, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Ah hello? I don't know this is new to me FievelJ 24 2525 June 26, 2022 at 9:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1584 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
  NEW HERE HAVING CRISIS nottheone 60 4719 January 9, 2022 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Hello... I'm New Here ABQ505 17 1588 November 18, 2021 at 11:15 am
  Hello, I'm new here NecroTzar 20 2115 October 28, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer