Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Says Baseball Players aren't Totally Hardcore?! (blood)
Who Says Baseball Players aren't Totally Hardcore?! (blood)
Brief prologue for non-Baseball people: The MLB Championship Series (semifinals) are going on right now.

Earlier this week, Cleveland Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer cut his pinky finger (badly). He is a drone afficianado, and apparently sliced his finger open on one of his little metal crafts. Because of rules limiting a team's postseason roster moves, Cleveland had about 90 minutes to decide whether they should keep him on their 25-man roster in the semifinals (risking the chance that he'll be hurt and his spot would be wasted) or have another (inferior) pitcher take his place. The Indians decided to keep him on the roster, and moved him back from pitching the 2nd game of the best-of-seven series (Saturday) to pitching the third game (Monday), to give him more time to heal.

That decision... didn't... quite... go well. By the fourth pitch of the night, Bauer felt something on his hand. He looked down and saw... this:
[Image: grab-2016-10-17-19h36m32s75.png?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

Apparently, blood was splattering down his leg and all over the pitcher's mound. Interestingly enough, the rule that forced him to come out of the game was the one that states you can't affect the ball with a foreign substance (in this case, his precious lifeblood).

Here's what the unobstructed wound looked like:
[Image: Trevor-Bauer.vadapt.664.high.34.jpg]

Pitching problems aside, the Indians won the game and took a 3-0 lead on the Blue Jays. Everyone's excited about the possibility of a Cubs' World Series appearance, and rightfully so - they haven't won since 1908, by far the longest streak of futility in American sports. Just behind them, though, are the Indians, who last won the World Series in 1948. A Cubs-Indians matchup would feature 176 years of failure on display!
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
RE: Who Says Baseball Players aren't Totally Hardcore?! (blood)
Ten minutes after posting that, I was walking back from lunch, and I stumbled on an uneven sidewalk block, and dropped my water bottle. I went to reach for it as it was falling, caught my finger on my belt buckle, and - I shit you not - this happened:

[Image: v8AInU7.jpg]

Trevor Bauer and I are one.

It has happened to me before. A wound going unnoticed in the fray, Doesn't seem deadly anyway.

Heh, even in football (not handegg) when someone has a bleeding injury on field, they must get med assistance off field or be replaced.

About your wound. I think you will die soon as the bucle was infected with zombie blood. Big Grin
(October 18, 2016 at 12:47 pm)LastPoet Wrote: ...

About your wound. I think you will die soon as the bucle was infected with zombie blood. Big Grin

This is clearly definitely correct.

Omg that's like so hardcore
Quote:Trevor Bauer and I are one.

I think we should put you on the AF Disabled List.  How can you possibly type with a wound like that?
Don't they have band-aids or something there?
Band aid?  The fucker looks like he has gangrene!
(October 18, 2016 at 1:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Band aid?  The fucker looks like he has gangrene!

Bold mine. Meh, just a flesh wound. it looks like that because od drying blood. you can get a look like that from a paper cut.
Or punching someone on the teeth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any baseball fans? Dingo 3 359 September 29, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Dingo
  Should college sports players be paid? Brian37 13 2302 October 2, 2019 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This is how you play baseball. brewer 0 377 June 12, 2019 at 9:44 am
Last Post: brewer
  Recreational Paintball Players android17ak47 0 258 October 17, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: android17ak47
  Several Eagles Players to boycott WH visit.... Brian37 20 2050 February 6, 2018 at 1:09 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Abbreviated League (fantasy baseball) c172 0 729 June 24, 2017 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: c172