Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Thousand Gods?
A Thousand Gods?
This question is for theists that insist there must be an uncaused cause. I have asked it many times in other threads\ forums and have yet to receive a single response. 

If it is possible that an eternal god exists then is it possible more than one eternal god exists? 2? 10? 1000?

This would explain a lot ! A universe governed by a  committee or warring factions as opposed to rule by a mastermind.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: A Thousand Gods?
I can only speak from my own understanding...

No, there is only one eternal (without beginning) God, but there are also infinite gods who can live for the rest of eternity (without end).

The original God is an infinitely spatial mass and in an act of self expression began "creation" (universes/relative spaces), the primary aspect of the "Word" is of being an individual, a "one". So the expression creates infinite one's as finite individuals (gods/universes) with the original infinite God, now surrounded by space voided of matter The infnite One (God) and the finite ones (gods) each have a fixed surface border and space between them.

Each is developed like an embryo and there is a birth event of fully developed individual universes/gods leaving the confinement of the metaversal stack, off the top, to exist as free agents in the field of the original Infinite God.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(October 18, 2016 at 9:24 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: I can only speak from my own understanding...

No, there is only one eternal (without beginning) God, but there are also infinite gods who can live for the rest of eternity (without end).

The original God is an infinitely spatial mass and in an act of self expression began "creation" (universes/relative spaces), the primary aspect of the "Word" is of being an individual, a "one". So the expression creates infinite one's as finite individuals (gods/universes) with the original infinite God, now surrounded by space voided of matter The infnite One (God) and the finite ones (gods) each have a fixed surface border and space between them.

Each is developed like an embryo and there is a birth event of fully developed individual universes/gods leaving the confinement of the metaversal stack, off the top, to exist as free agents in the field of the original Infinite God.

So you disagree that there is more than one eternal god and yet do not explain why it is not possible for more than one to exist.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(October 18, 2016 at 9:30 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(October 18, 2016 at 9:24 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: I can only speak from my own understanding...

So you disagree that there is more than one eternal god and yet do not explain why it is not possible for more than one to exist.

There is one eternal God who has no beginning in time nor end in space....because is is all space filling mass. That which makes all and every form. But before self expression (vibrational cavitation) there is no form as there is no empty space to differentiate forms. Because of it's self expression as an Infinite, there are infinite reproduced self expressions as individual gods. "Ye are gods." We have a beginning in time (beginning of differentiation from the Infinite), but no end in time (eternal life).
I think of the little homunculus that sits just inside my brain behind my eyes as my 'inner self'. This homunculus has its own little homunculus that sits in the same position in its head behind its eyes which is a little god. Everyone's got one and every homunculus has another which is its own god. So the number of gods is actually much greater than the number of people. In fact the number is infinite. So yeah, it gets pretty messy.
(October 18, 2016 at 11:24 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I think of the little homunculus that sits just inside my brain behind my eyes as my 'inner self'.  This homunculus has its own little homunculus that sits in the same position in its head behind its eyes which is a little god.  Everyone's got one and every homunculus has another which is its own god.  So the number of gods is actually much greater than the number of people.  In fact the number is infinite.  So yeah, it gets pretty messy.

Life is messy. Jesus is a biscuit, let him sop you up! Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Ix8rSvGkE
(October 18, 2016 at 8:59 pm)chimp3 Wrote: This question is for theists that insist there must be an uncaused cause. I have asked it many times in other threads\ forums and have yet to receive a single response. 

If it is possible that an eternal god exists then is it possible more than one eternal god exists? 2? 10? 1000?

This would explain a lot ! A universe governed by a  committee or warring factions as opposed to rule by a mastermind.

H.L. Mencken seems to be solidly with you.

Quote:It is impossible to imagine the universe run by a wise, just and omnipotent God, but it is quite easy to imagine it run by a board of gods. If such a board actually exists it operates precisely like the board of a corporation that is losing money.
(October 18, 2016 at 11:24 pm)Whateverist Wrote: I think of the little homunculus that sits just inside my brain behind my eyes as my 'inner self'.  This homunculus has its own little homunculus that sits in the same position in its head behind its eyes which is a little god.  Everyone's got one and every homunculus has another which is its own god.  So the number of gods is actually much greater than the number of people.  In fact the number is infinite.  So yeah, it gets pretty messy.

'Big fleas have little fleas,
Upon their backs to bite 'em,
And little fleas have lesser fleas,
and so, ad infinitum.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Also if God is all powerful then why create servants like angels?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Oh, so many problems with that.

First, how did you come about this "understanding"?  To understand is to infer something from information received.  What possible information could you have which lead you to this very specific conclusion?

Second, "spatial mass"?  The definitions of those words very much do not fit the description of any god of creation.  "Spatial" is "of or relating to space" and "mass" refers to "matter", NEITHER OF WHICH existed before the universe.  So if the One God is a "spatial mass" who made the universe, creating both space and matter, how does that work?  His creation would have to exist before his existence would be possible!

Third, the rest of that is just nonsense.
Have you ever noticed all the drug commercials on TV lately?  Why is it the side effects never include penile enlargement or super powers?
Side effects may include super powers or enlarged penis which may become permanent with continued use.  Stop taking Killatol immediately and consult your doctor if you experience penis enlargement of more than 3 inches, laser vision, superhuman strength, invulnerability, the ability to explode heads with your mind or time travel.  Killatoll is not for everyone, especially those who already have convertibles or vehicles of ridiculous size to supplement penis size.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20909 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2446 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10796 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2011 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3617 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12808 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  False pagan gods are not the True ones? theBorg 88 15783 August 17, 2016 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why did we stop inventing gods? Greatest I am 58 5762 August 16, 2016 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  A picture says a thousand words dyresand 28 5018 October 5, 2015 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Disproving gods with history and science dyresand 10 3189 June 30, 2015 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb