Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saudi prince executed for murdering man in brawl
Saudi prince executed for murdering man in brawl
So SA just executed a prince, but it's obviously not a sign of reform.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37697907

Quote:A Saudi prince has been executed for shooting a man dead during a mass brawl three years ago outside Riyadh.

Prince Turki bin Saud al-Kabir was put to death in the capital. No details were given as to how he was executed - most condemned people are beheaded.

The prince is the 134th person to be put to death this year, according to a tally compiled by the AFP news agency.

But it is rare for members of the royal family, who are estimated to number several thousand, to be executed.

One of the most well-known cases of a Saudi royal being executed was that of Faisal bin Musaid al Saud, who assassinated his uncle, King Faisal, in 1975.
RE: Saudi prince executed for murdering man in brawl
Is there any chance that this could become a "fad"?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I read about that too. In our news. So should we see it as a sign of reform if the 173rd head rolling in this shithole this year actually was a prince?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I wonder how many thousands of Saudi princess there are (minus one of course)?

Reminds me of an old joke:

What do you call 13 lawyers at the bottom of the Ohio river?

'A start'
Assassinations aren't executions. Faisal had no judicial proceedings to "justify" his murder.

There is in the west huge differences in degree of punishment when someone dies at the hands of other. We don't treat vehicular manslaughter the same as first degree murder. In a riot one could see easily the defense of fear for one's life. Over there they treat very little degree the and are heavy handed even treating blasphemy at a very harsh level. A prince being executed isn't reform. Our death penalty in the west is a joke too even with our trials. It costs far more to prosecute a death penalty case, and those who cant afford a OJ team are hurt worse by our justice system even outside the issue of murder.
Every once in a while I hear ABBA on the radio, so I wouldn't get too uppity regarding the disparity between crime and punishment in the West.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 576 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  [Serious] Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia WinterHold 27 2404 March 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 26063 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
  17 Million Mink to be executed Foxaèr 9 389 November 6, 2020 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Sal
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2083 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
  BREAKING: Trump Boasted Of Saving Saudi Prince Over Jamal Khashoggi Killing WinterHold 16 1054 September 13, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 858 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 486 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  BREAKING: Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war WinterHold 52 3109 April 25, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  CNN- UN expert recommends Kushner change his phone after suspected Saudi hack WinterHold 1 521 January 25, 2020 at 6:04 am