Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking down the "God sees argument"
Breaking down the "God sees argument"
Ok there is a mess of a thread to deal with now. I will formulate the argument differently, and we will go one step at a time.

1. We either objectively exist or we don't objectively exist.

Let us not move on, before we understand what is meant.

What I mean by we of course is not hands or feet or body, but that experience we constantly call "I".

Let me know if any objects to this 1st premise.
RE: Breaking down the "God sees argument"
Or both, if you're a feline and in a box... Tongue
(October 23, 2016 at 12:46 pm)Vic Wrote: Or both, if you're a feline and in a box... Tongue

I think it's obvious one is the negation of the other. They can't both be true. I know your joking, but maybe, you think this is not an obvious premise. Atheists from my experience like to "question" everything, and hence cannot move from one premise to another until proven to them. So if we have to discuss the law of contradiction and what logic is, we will.  Otherwise this premise should stand.
(October 23, 2016 at 12:45 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: 1. We either objectively exist or we don't objectively exist.

In what sense could we not objectively exist?

Even our subjectivity objectively exists. Unless you consider imaginary things to be nonexistent but then... doesn't the imagination exist and isn't it just the totality of imaginary stuff within our minds?
(October 23, 2016 at 1:06 pm)Alasdair Ham Wrote:
(October 23, 2016 at 12:45 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: 1. We either objectively exist or we don't objectively exist.

In what sense could we not objectively exist?

Even our subjectivity objectively exists. Unless you consider imaginary things to be nonexistent but then... doesn't the imagination exist and isn't it just the totality of imaginary stuff within our minds?

The premise was not that we could possibly not objectively exist. It's either a premise that either we do objectively exist or we don't objectively exist.
I didn't say otherwise. I'm asking how it's an either/or. How is it even possible for us to not objectively exist?
The premise should be "we objectively exist" as far as I'm concerned [emoji4]
What is the difference between we "objectively exist" vs. "we exist" ? Why the embellishment?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Third option: We probably exist.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
In the quantum sense of probably.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is most of life rolling down an optimisation valley. highdimensionman 5 580 May 18, 2022 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Veridican Argument for the Existence of God The Veridican 14 1680 January 16, 2022 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 7999 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 13740 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Berkeley's argument for the existence of God FlatAssembler 130 13108 April 1, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  A good argument for God's existence (long but worth it) Mystic 179 32846 October 26, 2017 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  God sees - strongest argument for God..... Mystic 62 5760 November 3, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Shia Islamic Argument for the existence of God TheMuslim 161 18370 May 29, 2016 at 3:10 am
Last Post: quip
  An argument for why God would make himself known. Mystic 55 9329 October 29, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  An argument against God Mystic 37 8789 October 20, 2014 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest