Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, and an atheist walk into a coffee shop...
A Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, and an atheist walk into a coffee shop...
I'm sure many of you have come across this meme:
 [Image: 0d923ea176.jpg]

Oftentimes I'll see some of my nonreligious friends on Facebook post it, as they apparently believe that in doing so they're spreading the laudable ideals of diversity and tolerance.  But let's face it, the meme is bullshit.  To make that point, I've modified it a bit to reflect more accurately the situation in which atheists find themselves with regards to the faithful, per the beliefs that the faithful have proudly chosen to align themselves with:
[Image: 0d928c7097.jpg]
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
RE: A Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, and an atheist walk into a coffee shop...
Hindu exclusionist.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Assuming the Abrahamic religious believer has actually read the scriptures and follows a literal interpretation of them.
... and they're all killed by a Jainist.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Well, actually, the Hindu cow deity in the form of Elsie stampedes the coffee shop and gores everyone inside.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 26, 2016 at 12:36 pm)Irrational Wrote: Assuming the Abrahamic religious believer has actually read the scriptures and follows a literal interpretation of them.
What is the non-literal interpretation of "Atheists are corrupt, do abominable deeds, and there is none who does good.  They will be consigned to a fiery lake of fire with wizards and harlots and murderers and there the Good Lord will replace their melted flesh to prolong their suffering" ....? I'm trying to come up with the beneficent interpretation but am having some trouble.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxFqv1QDI3Q

The PC comedian.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I generally get along with folks who aren't assholes, and find that most of the time, the religionistas in my life get along with me, probably for the same reason.

I think your modification of the meme only truly applies to the extremists of each group.

(October 26, 2016 at 3:30 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I generally get along with folks who aren't assholes, and find that most of the time, the religionistas in my life get along with me, probably for the same reason.

I think your modification of the meme only truly applies to the extremists of each group.
By extremist, you mean one who *actually* identifies with the views of their extreme founders? So... are these non-assholes Jewish, Christian, Muslim, etc. in name only, and don't really believe what their self-identification as followers of these extreme founders/texts would suggest they do?
(October 26, 2016 at 12:44 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Well, actually,  the Hindu cow deity in the form of Elsie stampedes the coffee shop and gores everyone inside.

Milk or Glue?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2696 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1433 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Christian missionary becomes atheist after trying to convert tribe EgoDeath 40 4750 November 19, 2019 at 2:07 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Christian Post rejoices that atheist Lawrence Krauss is guilty of sexual misconduct Alexmahone 11 2154 August 12, 2018 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Awesome ex-muslim testimonies. purplepurpose 5 1364 August 2, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4594 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  To theists- A logical insight into Atheism ignoramus 65 11936 May 16, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Just met a former Muslim on Facebook Brian37 6 2709 May 3, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Disproving the christian (and muslim) god I_am_not_mafia 106 26904 March 15, 2018 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My brother who used to be a devout Muslim is now agnostic Lebneni Murtad 4 1371 March 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene