Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleach cure claims another victim
Bleach cure claims another victim
https://gma.yahoo.com/husband-says-fring...ries.html#

Quote:The church, the Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, denies Sylvia's death was caused by their holy elixir, known as Miracle Mineral Solution or MMS, and maintains it can be used "to overcome most diseases known to mankind," including cancer, Parkinson's disease, and autism in children.

The U.S. government and medical experts say MMS is really nothing more than a kind of industrial bleach -- a mixture of sodium chlorite and water -- and, when used as directed can cause serious harm to a person's health.

"They might as well be selling Clorox," said Ben Mizer of the U.S. Department of Justice. "You wouldn't drink Clorox, so there is no reason you should drink MMS."

Doug and Sylvia Nash had planned to sail around the world, beginning in late 2004 and taking their time heading south from California and then west. Sylvia had been a crewmate at the start, but Doug said that just six months into the trip, they were "connected." "And eventually, we married," he said.

After loitering off South America and a two-year spell in New Zealand, they made their fateful stop in the Vanuatu islands in August 2009.

Doug said Sylvia wanted to take measures against malaria, but hadn't liked the medicine she had taken once before. Instead, she met fellow travelers on one of the islands selling something else.

"She thought it was a valid medicine. Turned out, it wasn't," Nash said.

Doug said one day Sylvia decided to drink the MMS mixture after reading the directions on the bottle and immediately hated the taste. "She said, 'Oh my God, that's awful,'" Doug said.

"About 15 minutes later, she began to indicate that she was feeling bad. And that began a sequence of her getting worse and worse throughout the day," Doug said.
Doug said Sylvia suffered diarrhea, nausea and vomiting -- but those were all symptoms that proponents of MMS say are not uncommon and can be an indication that the treatment is working. Doug said Sylvia still thought everything was fine.

"But it didn't get better," Doug said. "It got worse and worse. And by mid-afternoon, she was in... lots of pain. And by evening she was starting to be serious. And by this time I realized she was suffering from poison."

Doug said he called for help on his radio, but by then Sylvia appeared to be losing consciousness. That's when he thinks she died in his arms.

If selling bleach as a miracle cure wasn't enough:

Quote:One of the church's leading figures, archbishop Mark Grenon, said in an online video that he believed all churches were beyond law enforcement's reach.

"The church is under no law. That's why you can go to a church and get political asylum. A priest can give a kid alcohol, a minor, in public, and not get arrested," he said.

Just because the Catholic church got away with hiding all that sexual abuse doesn't mean they're above the law.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
RE: Bleach cure claims another victim
Disgusting. And people think there's nothing wrong with church mentality.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Urg. W.T.F. That is very, very messed up.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(October 28, 2016 at 1:10 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Disgusting. And people think there's nothing wrong with church mentality.
It's the same flavor as herd mentality...but with nuts.
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
There's a point past which you take apart the religious organization, and put its leaders and all other responsible parties in prison. This is the fucking point.

Child fucking as a job perk and protection from the law from your employers to go with it. Another point.
Fucking idiots.
And sometimes it's by collective accident....and uncleanliness. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013...ter-study/

They found that 86 percent of water samples from holy sources contain fecal matter, and every milliliter of holy water contained up to 62 million bacteria, none of it safe to drink. Not surprisingly, the busier the church, the more bacteria it had in its font from people's hands.Sep 15, 2013
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(October 28, 2016 at 3:12 pm)Arkilogue Wrote: And sometimes it's by collective accident....and uncleanliness. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013...ter-study/

They found that 86 percent of water samples from holy sources contain fecal matter, and every milliliter of holy water contained up to 62 million bacteria, none of it safe to drink. Not surprisingly, the busier the church, the more bacteria it had in its font from people's hands.Sep 15, 2013

That's because so many fucking people don't wash their fucking hands after using the restroom.  Yes, this is a major pet peeve of mine. I used to think that maybe I was paranoid because I always use the paper towel I dried my hands with to open the restroom door.  Then I notice how many guys leave the restroom without washing their hands.  Disgusting!

So yeah, take X number of Catholics attending church who don't wash after using the restroom, and have them dip their hands in water which has been sitting around all week and gets used week after week, and yeah you get high levels of fecal matter and bacteria in the holy water.

Man I'm so glad I don't practice that stupid superstition any more.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Some additional info 2010.

http://healthwyze.org/reports/320-jim-humbles-mms-fraud
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I'm not victim blaming here, but let this be a lesson not to fucking assume some shit you bought from a random islander is actual medicine. Why the fuck would you A. think that was actual medicine and B. not take your malaria medicine because you didn't like it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why combating bad claims is important. Brian37 9 2259 November 24, 2015 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Baking Soda Cure? Tea Earl Grey Hot 18 3425 May 17, 2014 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Coffee Jesus
  Cancer Cure? catfish 14 4048 March 30, 2013 at 1:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Faith healers that claim they can cure cancer. downbeatplumb 23 7489 June 27, 2011 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Darth