Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survey study on atheists!
Survey study on atheists!
Hi all! I'm a grad student conducting a survey study on atheism. As an atheist myself, I know there is very little research on atheists-- I also know there are very few of us, overall. That's why I'm trying to recruit people from a range of sources.
I'd like to share my link here and invite you all to participate!

Moderator Notice
Link removed for violation of 30/30. Please read rules.
Please note a few requirements, though. You must be 18+, from the US, and be an atheist who believes God does not exist.
I apologize for having such narrow requirements!
The survey should take about 7-10 minutes.

Here's the official description:  
If you decide to take part in this study, you will be asked to complete an online survey form. It will take about 5 minutes to complete the tasks. During this study you will be asked to complete five survey questionnaires, which identify individual differences in religious beliefs, views about the self, and perceptions of other groups. You will then be asked to complete demographics questions.  About 1000 participants will take part in this study.    

I'd appreciate your contributions!
RE: Survey study on atheists!
Why don't you read the rules before posting a link to some survey of dubious origin?

Such as the 30/30 rule.

I mean, you call yourself "atheist researcher" and have 2 posts to your record. We know nothing about you so far.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Vell hello dare!

Start an introduction thread and tell us more about yourself and you might get a warmer welcome. 

Graduate student where and in what?

What is the purpose of the survey? What do you hope to accomplish? Is there a comment section in the survey?

A simple google search shows that there is plenty of research and surveys regarding atheism. What will differentiate your survey from the other information?

We've seen this before and are a little gun shy.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
OP has been pestering the folks over at TTA as well.
Quote:Please note a few requirements, though. You must be 18+, from the US, and be an atheist who believes God does not exist.

As opposed to 'be an atheist who believes God does exist'. Got it.

Dimwit.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Naw, he means as opposed to an atheist who doesn't believe in whatever it is they may mean by 'god' but haven't a clue whether or not it exists. They seem to think we owe them the respect of forming a settled opinion about the existence of "X".
Anyone here believe for a minute that a real atheist would be interested in conducting a poll of atheists defined exactly the way every apologist does?
He appears to be a one-post wonder to just like so many of them.
Probably the usual christian school project guy trying the shrewd approach of going undercover.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Well, there goes any chances of drawing him in. No Trelane moment for me. (sigh)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2197 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1235 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Study finds link between brain damage and fundamentalism drfuzzy 13 4071 May 16, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Do we need to study all the religions to know that God doesn't exist? Twisted 14 4382 May 9, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  God - a study in pointlessness. nogodchick 109 20215 May 14, 2014 at 7:44 am
Last Post: Subhan Ahmad
  Non-belief Research Study Completed Foxaèr 4 2394 July 20, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Study says coming out as atheist can help reduce prejudice towards atheists TaraJo 20 8439 February 2, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: festive1
  New study on atheists' human rights worldwide Dee Dee Ramone 16 5674 December 14, 2012 at 11:10 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Study: Analytic thinking can decrease religious belief Ziploc Surprise 4 3154 May 10, 2012 at 12:44 am
Last Post: el_presidente
  A survey designed to understand nontheists Ziploc Surprise 5 2560 April 13, 2012 at 8:01 am
Last Post: fuckass365