Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof of the guidance of Mohammad and Ali.
Proof of the guidance of Mohammad and Ali.
What we will not be doing in this thread: We will not be discussing proofs of God. I have presented over the years many proofs and reminders that point to God and prove his existence. 

What we will be taking for granted: We will take for granted God exists. I'm not going to argue how we know God is All-Great or All-Beautiful or All-Good. 

What we will be arguing for:   1. The existence of Messengers and reasoning that affirms them. 2. The truth of Islam in particular. 3. The Leadership of the 12 Guides and Successors of Mohammad.

I will begin to say, given God exists, we would expect his system that he has established such that it guides to the truth, because it doesn't befit a being worthy of worship to misguide as oppose to guide to the truth.  The not following the truth and being guided towards the truth, should not be fault of God, but a fault of ourselves. It should be due to our own injustice.  

Now this has two options. God doesn't send revelation or miracles to prove the leaders he wants us to follow, but rather,  the leaders that guide to the truth are expected to guide us without revelation from God and people will follow them.  Now in reality, with simple observation, we can tell there is no such thing in reality.

Aside from that, hypothetically say there was,  how would we not mix those who misrepresent those leaders and lead humanity claiming the same capacity of guiding to the truth when they don't, from those who do?  

If we can just determine the truth from listening to various opinions, we would not need leaders. In this case, God system of giving us intellect would be sufficient to guide us. Reality shows that humans are not all following the truth, and hence, even if intellect is sufficient to follow the truth,  we are need of being reminded and shown our errors.

That said if God guides to the truth, would he not be most worthiest of being followed? But we know we aren't talked to by God, and we know God can manifest people who do the guide to the truth by means of miracles.

Then it follows he should manifest those who guide by the truth if his system is that of guidance. 

Furthermore, as there is no physical miracles, it follows that in this day and age, there is a different type of miracle.  This is necessary since guidance and leaders who guide to the truth have to have manifest proof and clear evidence. 

What that sign and proof should be declared by God, and that evidence should hold to scrutiny.  Not only that, but if it is a miracle and above the capability of humanity,  it is expected that God emphasizes on that, and challenges all mortals to imitate his miracle.

This is rational, because, the case for the religion must be made.  It must emphasized, that this is a miracle, and this your proof to the people so that people acknowledge the religion on truth. 

And according to the same reasoning, due to the need of guidance,  the book must emphasize not to follow what we have no knowledge of and warn us against following men blindly and replacing the mastery of God with that of humans.

That is to say, religious leadership is something that belongs to God, it's his authority, and hence, only those who God attributes purity to and manifests their chosen status can hold it.

A structure of society that follows revelation and the leaders he has appointed must also be explained,  in  way, that will not do the same mistake as what has lead people to follow humans in the name of following God, while distorting his teachings and mixing falsehood with truth.

There must be some way where truth alone is enjoined upon one another. There must be a systematic explanation of how to achieve this. 

Furthermore outward marks are outward marks, and inward light and way, is the reason for all rituals and outward teachings,  if we are to follow God and guidance, it must not simply be at an outward level, but inwardly, we have to be shown the states to follow, and this only by the guidance of holy guides who have walked the way and have the power by virtue of their light, to guide people to the straight path.

This shows there is a guide in this day and age, and the manifest sign of his authority  and proof is either hidden or manifest. In this day and age we know it's hidden, but this cannot be the state forever, because obviously, manifestation of truth and this leader is a purpose humanity is meant for. That is to say humanity is meant to follow guidance.

Therefore there is a reason for the sign being hidden, and we all acknowledge that there are no physical miracles proving a guide and leader in this day and age, and hence, the true religion must have an explanation to why, and why we are going through this period.

And regarding leaders after a founding Prophet, whether those leaders are Prophets or not Prophets, it's expect God manifests the true sect that follows the truth in bygone generations till now. That is to say,  if take for example, say Mohammad was sent by God, just as his successors would need proof of their number, so that later generations know which sect is right, the same is true of the past.

And it's rational that there is a consistent number of how many successors to each founding Prophet of a nation. The opposite being irrational, that God picks various numbers at random, and that God would not emphasize on one number, as if he doesn't know which number is best, and as if he doesn't know what to pick.

Now so far I have shown skeleton proof of religion. There is more to it. And I will continue to show essential requirements for skeleton. 

Then we will look if there is any religion out there but one that meets all criteria.
RE: Proof of the guidance of Mohammad and Ali.
Before I read this I wasn't sure by which criteria I could accurately determine which loon claiming to hear voices from a god was actually telling the truth. Thanks for clarifying. Any advice for what I should pack when I fulfill my hajj?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
wut.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:We will take for granted God exists.

[Image: bullshit-sheriff-badge.png]
Usually I don't even reply to your threads, Mysticmystic.

But in this case the phrase "let him rest in peace" never was more fitting.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
@Mystic Knight : Who's we , Cowboy?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

A for effort.
I don't need someone to have divine authority before taking their guidance. I think about what they are actually saying, not who they claim told them this information.

It's not like they said anything of any technical nature that I'd have to defer to their expertise over, is it? That's the only time I recognise an authority.

If God wants to tell me stuff, I'm right here. If he enslists those guys as middle men, and you as a further one, he isn't taking it very seriously. He needs to quit fucking around. He also needs to explain to me why I should care about what he says. Just "I'm God" isn't going to cut it. If he wanted me to just blindly follow his ideas, he should have made me that way. Tough cookies.

By the way, you once told me that if Islam is true, I'd have to follow it. Yet I don't. So it can't be true. Easy!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I guess lying for Mo is OK.

You keep yapping that you provided proof, yada yada... You never did. All I see is delusional rambling. Is that you call proof? Wacky
Oooo... Fanfic!
(Sorry,I only read the first 2 paragraphs...now to read the rest of the story)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treasures from the Houshold of guidance. Mystic 95 5989 October 30, 2018 at 3:51 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  The rational and logical sayings of Household of guidance. Mystic 12 2259 October 11, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  "Why not a proof/Sign/indication" - challenge and various responses to it in Quran. Mystic 67 13609 November 20, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Dark magic could not veil us from you o Ali. Mystic 33 4979 December 26, 2016 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  The Sufi Muhammad Ali was the greatest man ever according to al-Saud's henchmen? ReptilianPeon 4 1585 June 26, 2016 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Darwins Disciple
  Hirsi Ali on Paris mralstoner 1 865 November 17, 2015 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  Hirsi Ali’s Tilt at Fixing Islam mralstoner 1 868 April 19, 2015 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Family of Mohammad in Quran - Proof Mohammad founded Islam! Mystic 27 5090 March 22, 2015 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Did Mohammad exist? Bahraini 32 10661 August 30, 2012 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mother Shayma Ali killed daughter, four, 'as sacrifice' downbeatplumb 14 5707 October 2, 2011 at 11:22 am
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet