Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speciation velocity
Speciation velocity
Sorry if question was asked before. I just watched Ray Comfort's film about evolution. Can someone explain to me why is percieved speciation velocity much lower than that predicted by evolution theory(at least 1 new specie per year)?
RE: Speciation velocity
It only seems that way because Ray Comfort is an idiot with an agenda. If you want to learn about evolution read science books. Would you like me to recommend a few to you?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Welcome to the forum too !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 30, 2016 at 12:53 pm)TheThingThatShouldNotBe Wrote: Sorry if question was asked before. I just watched Ray Comfort's film about evolution. Can someone explain to me why is percieved speciation velocity much lower than that predicted by evolution theory(at least 1 new specie per year)?

Learn the meaning of "velocity". Those who can't understand why speciation is indescribable in terms of  "velocity" is not equipped to assess even the most trivial aspects of modern science, much less a rather specialized field as evolutionary biology.

Come to think of it, the same applies to those who would listen to ray comfort.
(October 30, 2016 at 12:53 pm)TheThingThatShouldNotBe Wrote: Sorry if question was asked before. I just watched Ray Comfort's film about evolution. Can someone explain to me why is percieved speciation velocity much lower than that predicted by evolution theory(at least 1 new specie per year)?

Out of the millions of species alive currently, we're supposed to find the new one?

<double-post deleted>

Welcome!

An intro thread telling us about yourself would be nice.

Which film?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
You're asking a question about evolution based on something you saw made by a guy that thinks this is what evolution is?

[Image: crocoduck.jpg]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
If you were to post an intro, over here, we might be of better help. Or not. But give it a go.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan