Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion
Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion
Hello Everyone,

I recently de-converted from Christianity (March 2016). I am still very closeted about my lack of faith as almost all of the significant people in my life are very religious. I am working on a way to discuss it with close friends and family but as of now the only people who know are my wife and an old friend from college who gave me too much to drink. I may talk in more detail about how I got here in the conversion stories area of the forum.

For now, I would just like to introduce myself and get to know some of you. I am from Minnesota (the twin cities area). 24, married. My spouse and I agree on the big things (politics and that all religions are ridiculous) so I am very fortunate in that regard. I hope to share more detailed information about myself after I tell the people close to me and become more openly Atheist in my personal life.

My hope is to find a forum where I can express some of my thoughts and learn from other non-religious, atheist, anti-religious etc. as I plan the best way to discuss these issues with people close to me.

So, what do you say....Will you have me?

P.S. I will find an avatar very soon
RE: Hello There! Just One More Irriligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion
Welcome!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Glad to have you! I was just in Bloomington for a medical conference. Jormungandr is from eastern MN somewhere. I think in the TC. Not sure, though. She's rather cool. I think we kinda deconverted her, maybe.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Hiyas, and welcome.

RE: Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion
Welcome to the forum. Happy to have you here Smile

Congratulations on your deconversion!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hello there.  Welcome.
Welcome aboard.
I didn't know or used at all word like idealism. But after get to know religion, I now see it as an idealism. An attempt to live a bitter but "right" life. I thought thats the definition of good life, until I was told that either I surrender my lifes pleasures for this ideal of religion or if I walk away, God might punish me.

I see it all over the internet(youtube, russian atheist forums), peoples motivation to hold on to religion brakes as soon as the painful or manipulating side of it reveals itself. Christianity and other generaly peaceful religion isnt the worst thing out there.
Welcome!

Was it a trip or cliff?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Yeah, welcome. Glad to have you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello there! ShinyCrystals 15 1189 September 1, 2023 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: galaxycliffnix
  Hello there! R-Farmer 32 2415 June 10, 2023 at 8:41 am
Last Post: R-Farmer
  Hello from south florida! My coming out story... FollowingFeynman89 7 784 May 15, 2023 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Kingpin
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1766 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Big Grin Hello there! vytautas 14 1015 August 22, 2020 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Hello athesist planet. Just lost my faith. Now What? Suz 28 2456 May 23, 2020 at 2:55 am
Last Post: JohnMBauer
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5062 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello there EarnieBanks 5 839 May 18, 2019 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  And another one crawls out from under a rock Beelzebubba 19 3213 January 16, 2019 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5632 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape