Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Corners: Big Fish
4 Corners: Big Fish
http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/fourcor...x_288p.mp4

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2...564542.htm

I will upload a pristine 576p version later.

What do I think about this report? It's not what it promised to be. Yes there are environmental impacts, but they waste time on the colour additive which is nature-identical (a claim the report never refutes). The actions of WWF Australia don't surprise me, and that is where they should have gone hard. For selling out their "brand".

That said, the report did make some great points as well, hope you enjoy!
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: 4 Corners:
Tassal... or is it Tas-sell? she keeps saying it as if there's an 'e' Tongue
Well.... what I see is that they try to clean up the fish crap, but fail... well... they do everything that is required by law.

They also got a neat deal to use the WWF and ASC logos, apparently.

Apart from that, I see no problem.
Adding chemicals to fish feed that mimic the crustacean nutrients that they'd eat if they were in the wild doesn't shock me... nor "ruminant protein", which is land meat that the fish wouldn't get in the wild.

Personally, I am for fish farming. Done right, it can save many many fish species from over-fishing. Done wrong it'll tank and destroy ecosystems.
The governments should have independent committees that put in place the requirements for such farms, with a dependence on the location... and then monitor them, just as beef and pork producers are now being monitored (at least in the EU, they are).

I eat farmed beef, farmed pork, farmed chicken... I see no problem with farmed fish.
Each of these gets to eat stuff that, on the face of it, seems icky... and, on occasion, I believe that farmers do try to cut as many corners as they can, but... as long as the meat/fish come out healthy (up to death), then I'm ok with eating them.

I sensed that this piece tried to poison the well right at the start showing us the people opposing Tassal's business... And it did seem very real the fact that they are not properly cleaning up their by-products... but everything else just seemed to be scare-mongering an industry that should allow us to save fish wildlife.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GOP chooses to protect former guy and big lie. Brian37 11 823 June 1, 2021 at 6:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Big Lee Removed from US Capital Brian37 6 816 December 21, 2020 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Big Bang in Beruit onlinebiker 66 2925 August 16, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  He likes big butt dials and he cannot lie. Brian37 1 482 October 26, 2019 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  One of Obamacare’s big experiments to lower costs is working surprisingly well Aegon 9 791 September 5, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Here's A Great Big "Fuck You." Minimalist 1 393 February 13, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot chimp3 14 5107 September 10, 2017 at 5:02 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  No Big Piece Of Chocolate Cake This Time Minimalist 1 541 August 2, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This Will Go Over Big With The Tweeting Twit Minimalist 3 1431 June 15, 2017 at 9:54 pm
  Big Pharma - Fucking Crooks Minimalist 0 693 May 29, 2017 at 8:39 pm