Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Atheism Quotes?
Favorite Atheism Quotes?
"Atheism has been around since the first caveman burnt his hand in the fire, told everyone that there was an angry spirit in the fire, and the friend sitting next to him told him he was full of shit." Dr Shaym (Youtuber)

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." Richard Dawkins
"I am against religion because it teaches you to be satisfied with not understanding the world" - Richard Dawkins

BIBLE - Blatant Intellectually Bankrupt Lies and Evil

RE: Favorite Atheism Quotes?
"Jesus can blow it out his ass"

(I see that one here quite a bit)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Religion is bullshit! - Penn & Teller. Well, mostly Penn.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I can live with doubt and not knowing. I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing, than to have answers that might be wrong. - Richard Feynman.
[Image: 0801edf16b9f8204b79cf7b606bd2686.jpg]
Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I'll be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first, rock n roll or Christianity. - John Lennon
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Cogito ergo sum.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 31, 2016 at 9:57 am)Incognito Wrote: "I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." Richard Dawkins

...And yet there are so many excellent Catholic schools and colleges all over the world. Rolleyes
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 31, 2016 at 3:03 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: ...And yet there are so many excellent Catholic schools and colleges all over the world. Rolleyes

Oh, come on. I give you that the Jesuits usually aren't afraid of going against the dogmatic grain, even in the 17th century when they were the only ones being against the witch madness, but they aren't the only ones running schools. There's always the dogmatic clamp in what they teach. A good secular college would be the better choice than any religious institution.

I know you won't like the comparison, but it's valid. Soviet universities also provided knowledge. But they weren't exactly neutral in what they did or didn't teach. And how they taught it.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 31, 2016 at 2:40 pm)abaris Wrote: Cogito ergo sum.

Umm...Descartes wasn't an atheist.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 26869 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Best use of hymns and bible quotes in fiction? Lemonvariable72 14 3385 November 21, 2015 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Create your own skeptical quotes. Brian37 33 3889 March 20, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12377 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 11967 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Quotes for the unbeliever Foxaèr 20 2848 March 19, 2014 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10390 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Favorite videos on atheism or science? Clueless Morgan 10 3649 November 4, 2013 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
Information Formidable Atheist Quotes - AskAtheists.com chrisbeach 11 3121 January 25, 2013 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 11961 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda