Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haven't seen that since Little League
Haven't seen that since Little League
Two runs scoring on a wild pitch?

Cubs 5 - Cleveland 3 bottom of the 5th.
RE: Haven't seen that since Little League
Looks like Cleveland is going to blow that 3-1 series lead.
Indeed it does.
Whoops.  May have spoken to soon.

[Image: ChiefWahoo.jpg~c200]
Good fuck.

As if baseball wasn't slow enough. Now they're pulling the tarp out and we're already in extra innings?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 2, 2016 at 10:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Two runs scoring on a wild pitch?

Cubs 5 - Cleveland 3 bottom of the 5th.

I am no baseball fan at all, but nothing else was on and considering both teams having not had a win in so long I put it on.

What the fuck was that manager thinking switching pitchers when they were up by three? And why wasn't he pulled after that one batter kept fouling the ball over and over? I thought, if he keeps making contact someone is going to make a home run? Cubs are lucky to be in extra innings.
To be fair, if you're up three in Game 7 of the WS, you put your closer in. That's what he's there for.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 2, 2016 at 11:58 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: To be fair, if you're up three in Game 7 of the WS, you put your closer in. That's what he's there for.

Closer or choker? He's lucky they are still in this game. If that is like taking your starter out in a preseason game in NFL because you are up by 14, to me this is like talking Joe Montana out during the Superbowl and putting in Tim Teebow from what I saw.
I'm a Yankee fan and Chapman started the season in NY.  If he had a day where he threw too many pitches the next day he looked like dogshit if he came in.  It's the price you pay for throwing over 100 MPH.  He is still just human.

It's game 7 of the World Series.  Madden did what he had to do but Chapman's arm looks dead.
They pulled Hendricks too soon.

Anyway, the tarp is coming off...
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Premier League Hooligans Here? Nanny 3 505 August 10, 2023 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  NFC LEAST, weirdest playoff scenario I've seen. Brian37 6 401 January 4, 2021 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Champions League Fidel_Castronaut 2 523 May 12, 2019 at 5:44 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  AAF "Suspends" the league..... Brian37 0 406 April 6, 2019 at 11:17 am
  New Pro football league airs on CBS tonight. Brian37 4 642 February 9, 2019 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  NFL 2018 Pick'em League! Tiberius 345 16774 January 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
  AF Fantasy Football League 2018 Edition!!!! SteelCurtain 9 1219 July 28, 2018 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  NFL 2017 Pick'em League! Tiberius 548 80276 February 5, 2018 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Maybe I Should Pay A Little Attention To College Football Minimalist 2 963 January 9, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Whateverist
Star AF.org Fantasy Football League 2017 SteelCurtain 16 3909 December 26, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Joods