Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God)
Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God)
NOTE [1]: No opinionfaithemotion, nor bias was used in this thread.

NOTE [2]: I am of course atheistic, (I have zero beliefs). The sequences while not novel, are combined in novel ways, such that the PROBABILITY of non-omniscient Gods/Creators is reported.

As such, one needs not belief/faith/certainty to observe PROBABILITIES.

WARNING: Some statistics/words occur in UPPER CASE FORM or various colours, because reading all lower case/uniform colour is simply quite tiresome.

[Image: sOf7VSh.png]

God is PROBABLY quite real. (however, not the omniscient, all powerful kind seen in religion)

We are simulating more and more detailed universes (Example 'illustris') as computing power increases, and creating more and more sophisticated artificial intelligence.

If this computing increase doesn’t end (ie we aren’t all wiped out) our simulations will eventually get detailed enough to contain INTELLIGENCE or create  artificial intelligence. that exceeds humans on all tasks (God-like software).

Then, (probably when we are a still a mortal species, having not yet solved ageing…) we BECOME GODS, however NOT the OMNISCIENT, OMNIPOTENT God specified in religion.

In the same way, it is likely that THE VERY UNIVERSE WE OCCUPY may have come about, and thus likewise, God (it’s creator(s)) is non-omnipotent, non-infinite etc.

PROBABLE NON-OMNISCIENT GODS

**(1)** Man-made 'General Artificial intelligence' (The brain based software we invent [that shall exceed humans in all tasks, not merely individual tasks as they do now]). [Eg Google Deepmind's atari q or alpha go]

**(2)** Intelligence that EVOLVES in our own simulations to become God-like (ie they create universes, or ‘general artificial intelligence’-like programs).

**(3)** The non-omnipotent, non-infinite Gods (human like?) that created our universe stemming from the same way that we simulate more and more detailed universes via **(4)** — constrained paths. (eg illustris)

**(4)** Mankind; for mankind shall perhaps promptly possess God bound capabilities, via **(1)** and **(2)**.

SCIENTIFIC-STATISTICS PAR PROBABLE NON-OMNISCIENT GODS

In SUMMARY, probabilistically, the ability to generate artificial intelligence, that surpasses the net intellect of one’s species, AND OR compute simulation of universes (with intellect resembling prior), IS THAT WHICH classifies said species as God-bound.

INTRODUCTION [A-B]:

['A'] What data purports that SUPER-human ARTIFICIAL INTELLECT [Seen in **(1)** prior] is possible?
The human brain operates at roughly 10¹⁵ floating point operations per second.

NON-TRIVIALLY ACCESSIBLE super-computing platforms already exist, such that this operation cycle is attained.
TRIVIALLY ACCESSIBLE resources shall exist at 2020’s horizon, in tandem with KURZWEIL’S LAW OF ACCELERATING RETURNS, (and perhaps MOORE’S LAW/modern Moore’s law variants).

['B'] What data purports that SIMULATIONS [Seen in **(2)** prior] ARE possible?

Our universe is at least linear scale [Dirac], AND at most exponential order [inflation].
Therein, a simulation of such shall require an exponential order capable machine.
Exponential order capable machines exist today. 
These are called quantum computers. (See Dwave)
These quantum computers, though superior, are not yet sufficient to encode detailed universes (that contain intelligence).
However, VIA non-exponential machines (super-computers), THERE EXISTS QUITE DETAILED simulations of our universe. (see illustris)

CONCLUSION [C-D]:

Artificial intelligence, together with quantum computers, are enhancing in concurrence with measures such as KURZWEIL’S LAW OF ACCELERATING RETURNS.

Particularly, from these MEASURES, super-human Ai is PERHAPS INEVITABLE, and such shall therein PROBABLY occur within the scope-of 20-40 years. (See Nick Bostrom's super intelligence)

At this juncture, mankind shall maintain non-omniscience/non-omnipotence (Ageing yet solved, Energy issues persist et cetera).

[C] What data purports that SIMULATIONS [Seen in **(4)** prior] ARE possible?

Thereafter, man becomes non-omniscient, non-omnipotent Gods, having created super-human artificial intelligence, therein **(4)** is probable.

[D] What data purports that SIMULATIONS [Seen in **(3)** prior] ARE possible?

SEPARATELY, physicist James Gates’ adinkra postulation, (AND or the simulation hypothesis) shows that our universe, possesses
simulatory features, thereafter our universe may be simulatory.

If our universe is indeed simulatory, in the same way [C] is probable, our creators are probable, and thereafter probably non-omniscient/non-omnipotent in the like.

….
RESOURCE SUMMARY:
Simulation sample:  (Illustris)

[ii] Simulation Hypothesis: (findable on Wikipedia)

[iii] Fascinating (though perhaps less viable than the simulation hypothesis): (James Gates' Adinkra postulation)

[iv] ‘General’ artificial intelligence (a rather profound approximation) : (See Deepmind's Atari Q player, or Alpha Go)

[v] PHYSICIST JEREMY ENGLAND SHOWS THAT MATTER ATTRIBUTES LIFE-LIKE PROPERTIES AS TIME DIVERGES. (See Dissipative Adaptation)

[vi] A quantum computing synopsis, of mine: (Available upon request, via personal message)
Essentially, see DWAVE.

[vii] Relevant graphs: 

[a] Ray Kurzweil’s law of accelerating returns.
Moore’s law [modern variants in the like]
RE: Scientific evidence of God by an atheist
*crickets*
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
You mean this?
[Image: SHODAN_hires.jpg]
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
TL DR
PWREIS - TFS
(November 3, 2016 at 10:57 pm)Primordial Bisque Wrote: You mean this?
[Image: SHODAN_hires.jpg]

I haven't a clue how general intelligence shall finally occur.
It can however be observed that such shall likely occur, on the boundary of brain based models, on the horizon of Moore's Law, and more modern graphs for technological advancement.

(November 3, 2016 at 11:02 pm)Minimalist Wrote: TL DR
PWREIS - TFS

I did some editing, it is actually quite short. (It is readable in 3 minutes.)

It appeared quite long prior, as all text was quite small, and the same colour, and headings were not enlarged.

(November 3, 2016 at 10:56 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: *crickets*
I did some editing, it is actually quite short. (It is readable in 3 minutes.)

It appeared quite long prior, as all text was quite small, and the same colour, and headings were not enlarged.
RE: Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God)
What a boringly long winded way to spell out the belief that our universe is akin to a simulation.  You know, you may have that one backwards.  It just might be that simulations are alot like our universe...and golly gee...why might that be?

Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God)
(November 3, 2016 at 11:47 pm)Rhythm Wrote: What a boringly long winded way to spell out the belief that our universe is akin to a simulation.  You know, you may have that one backwards.  It just might be that simulations are alot like our universe...and golly gee...why might that be?

Rolleyes

The universe simulation hypothesis (particularly relating to our universe) is the least relevant scenario mentioned. (As seen in solely ONE god-tier, #3)

Primarily, A God bound entity likely has the ability to create non-trivial intelligence  (The most complex constructs in the known universe human level, and likely beyond)

Thereafter, on Moore's Law etc, we are likely on the horizon of creating such non-trivial intelligence.  

(NOTE: Brain based models already exceed/equal humans on non trivial cognitive tasks, ranging from language translation to disease diagnosis)
Michael's less successful cousin, ProgrammingGod.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
I think this shows that the word "God" is next to meaningless, because everyone has their own definition. That's my position, ignosticism. The only useful definition I have is "intelligent creator", and the term is relative. Being a "God" of a VR I create obviously doesn't not make me "God" with respect to this reality.

It's a fair hypothesis that this is some sort of simulation, yeah. It appears unfalsifiable to me, although it's certainly interesting. I'm concerned there is a fallacy of composition included in the hypothesis though, and it requires several assumptions.

It's much more interesting than "God says don't wank or he'll cry and burn your bum".
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 4, 2016 at 12:42 am)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Michael's less successful cousin, ProgrammingGod.

I observe unfortunately, that the most influence I have had in my country, is to directly aid in the introduction of neural network based subject amidst one of my country's universities.

I furthermore observe a likely limitation; I have began encoding 'God' using modern machine learning lemma (as Google, Microsoft etc are doing), and I know full well that my medium-bound machine learning laptop cannot reduce the code regimes that I have subsumed.

See 'thought curvature' for the machine learning lemma to which I am referring.

BTW, Are you referring to Michael I. Jordan, machine learning professor?

If so, I would entirely observe your commentary, as accurate.

(November 4, 2016 at 12:46 am)robvalue Wrote: I think this shows that the word "God" is next to meaningless, because everyone has their own definition. That's my position, ignosticism. The only useful definition I have is "intelligent creator", and the term is relative. Being a "God" of a VR I create obviously doesn't not make me "God" with respect to this reality.

It's a fair hypothesis that this is some sort of simulation, yeah. It appears unfalsifiable to me, although it's certainly interesting. I'm concerned there is a fallacy of composition included in the hypothesis though, and it requires several assumptions.

It's much more interesting than "God says don't wank or he'll cry and burn your bum".

Tradition is often wrong(Only the theistic mind adheres to the concept of omniscient, omnipotent deities)

Thusly, on statistical observation, God/Creator is likely properlynaturally statistically definable as stipulated in the original post.

Albeit, I observe that indeed, God the word becomes quite 'irrelevant' (As I stipulate on my portfolio page which is available on request) whence we are all likely God-bound (if not brain damaged) in capability.

God therein is likely no longer special spaghetti..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 6645 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1549 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 2358 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4085 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2343 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religious fundamentalists more likely to believe fake news OakTree500 30 3782 November 10, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: no one
  If theists understood "evidence" Foxaèr 135 13508 October 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Moses parting the sea evidence or just made up Smain 12 2903 June 28, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Are introverts less likely to like organised religion? Der/die AtheistIn 8 1338 March 22, 2018 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Can religion be a type of Stockholm syndrome? ignoramus 5 2741 June 10, 2017 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Cyberman