Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You There?
Lightbulb 
Are You There?
My name is God.

Alright you got me, my parents didn't really name me God.  My girlfriend did.

Alright you got me.  She didn't.  Her mom did. 

Nope, she didn't either.

I'm just another heathen trying to survive in a country full of religious buffoons hell-bent on "restoring the faith" and ousting the colored people.

I'm looking for some rational thought, and figured this may be my best shot.

Cool space logo by the way, it's what made me pick this forum.

Regards,

God
[Image: ingodwetrustsig_zpsc0r3w6np.jpg]
RE: Are You There?
You've come to the right place, God.

Welcome
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

OH my!

I'm very surprised this username wasn't already taken lol.

Anyway, welcome, God.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Welcome!

(November 3, 2016 at 11:56 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: OH my!

Anyway, welcome, God.

Look closer at his name. Tongue
Hi there. You don't go disappearing on us now. You're known for doing that!
“Life is like a grapefruit. Well, it's sort of orangey-yellow and dimpled on the outside, wet and squidgy in the middle. It's got pips inside, too. Oh, and some people have half a one for breakfast.”  - Ford Prefect
Welcome to af, god
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(November 4, 2016 at 12:00 am)Primordial Bisque Wrote: Hi there. You don't go disappearing on us now. You're known for doing that!

Well, in truth you people did hang me from a cross, rip out my beard, drove nails in me, and shoved a spear in my ribs. 

But hey --- bygones!!
(November 3, 2016 at 11:59 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Welcome!

(November 3, 2016 at 11:56 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: OH my!

Anyway, welcome, God.

Look closer at his name.  Tongue

What's up with the line in the "D"?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(November 4, 2016 at 12:18 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 11:59 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Welcome!

Look closer at his name.  Tongue

What's up with the line in the "D"?

I got a D- in Sunday School

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey there, hi there, ho there NaughtyButNice 19 3067 February 14, 2016 at 4:56 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello!!! I am glad to see there is an awesome atheist community out there! The Reason Tribune 2 1820 August 31, 2012 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused