Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opportunity to help other atheists
Opportunity to help other atheists
Hi. I hope I am not breaking any forum rules by posting here.
My name is Dominika. I am an atheist and a 5th year doctoral student pursuing a Psy.D in Clinical Psychology at Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia, PA. I am currently working on my dissertation entitled "Experiences of Coming out of the Atheist Closet." 

Here is my research flyer. If anyone has any questions or interest in being a participant, feel free to contact me!
*NOTE: this research is directed at individuals residing within the US only, as that is where the research is being conducted. Thanks!

Wanted: Research Participants
Chestnut Hill College, Department of Profession Psychology
You are invited to participate in a study entitled
“Experiences of Coming Out of the Atheist Closet”

Who is eligible?
• Self-identified Atheists
• Aged 21+
• Must have been raised in a religious household
• Must have disclosed your atheist identity within the past 5 years
What you will be asked to do:
• Engage in an approximately 1.5 hour interview, either in person or via Skype, depending on logistical considerations
• Discuss and answer questions related to your experiences of disclosing your atheist identity
• Give consent to being audiotaped
Compensation:
• No monetary compensation will be provided, but the information gained from the study may help others better understand the experience of disclosing an atheist identity.

If you have any questions or are interested in participating, please contact:
Dominika K. Zylik at {snip} or Email {snip}

Moderator Note:  we have a 30/30 rule regarding links in posts for new members.  Thank you for your enthusiasm, you can post links after 30 days and 30 posts.
RE: Opportunity to help other atheists
Welcome to the forum.
Welcome, maybe invite people to pm you if they are interested in your survey since you can't post a link?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
(November 4, 2016 at 12:10 pm)oops. yeah. i think i will just have to wait 30 days to post it. I don\t want to annoy any member by sending direct messages asking for participation. ukatheist Wrote: Welcome, maybe invite people to pm you if they are interested in your survey since you can't post a link?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

(November 4, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

Thanks! happy to be here.
Welcome, anyhow. Check out those rules and have a fun time here. Got family in the Main Line area. Not sure whereabouts CHC is, but SEPA is lovely in general.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Yeah, don't worry about the 30/30 rule. It is just there for spammers and hackers. You're welcome to stick around and enjoy the site.

Might even be some background information 'in plain sight' for your survey in any regards. Atheist Forums is a fairly active place, quite a bit on current events, and you can use the "SEARCH" function to look at past topics of interest too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You can contact her through LinkedIn and check out the background/education history.

Edit: Where are my manors? Welcome! I see that you speak Polish. Are you from there?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 4, 2016 at 3:28 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: You can contact her through LinkedIn and check out the background/education history.

Edit: Where are my manors? Welcome! I see that you speak Polish. Are you from there?

Haha yes, I am originally from Poland. Moved to northern NJ when I was 8, have been living in Philadelphia while in grad school for the past 4.5 years.

(November 4, 2016 at 12:22 pm)c172 Wrote: Welcome, anyhow. Check out those rules and have a fun time here. Got family in the Main Line area. Not sure whereabouts CHC is, but SEPA is lovely in general.

Chestnut Hill is close to Plymouth Meeting, Germantown, Manayunk, etc. It is the most affluent neighborhood in Philadelphia. My school looks like a castle 8)
Ah, OK. I've been through PM. My family ties are to Merion Station.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Hey- new here. Any other teens? kaliedoscope 22 3120 February 16, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Please let this be better then the other af. Indiveren 46 10451 December 5, 2014 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  A middle eastern Atheists plea for help. Ibn Khuldoon 24 3674 February 6, 2013 at 5:02 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  A Missionary's Kid, Now Playing for the Other Team elefacets 12 3986 June 9, 2012 at 5:46 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  A rose by any other name... Ryft 12 3041 January 4, 2011 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Skipper