Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seth Meyers on choosing between the baggage both Trump and Hillary carry.
Seth Meyers on choosing between the baggage both Trump and Hillary carry.
Admittedly neither is likely to be named a saint by the Catholic church.  Neither would make the cut as my closest friend but just how bad is the baggage each carries?  Apples and oranges?  Seth Meyers asks that very question at about the 6:20 mark.  He's right, how do you pick?

https://youtu.be/9v97xH6Bof0
RE: Seth Meyers on choosing between the baggage both Trump and Hillary carry.
Quote:Admittedly neither is likely to be named a saint by the Catholic church.

One big donation and they're in.  You should see some of the scumbags that the church has made "saints."
Damn, WTF can't Biden be running ??

JFC, he really would be 40 points ahead right now.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 4, 2016 at 2:08 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Damn, WTF can't Biden be running ??

JFC, he really would be 40 points ahead right now.

I hear Hillary made the devil an offer he couldn't refuse.  That gal knows how to get something done and now she'll be working for us.  Hot damn, mam.
Well, Trump had a calling to politics late in life, and consequently has lived life the way he wanted to, whether you consider him a reprobate or not.

Hillary has invested her entire adult life it seems, to this presidential run. How has she comported herself on the journey here ??

Why do I have to be fucking choking and gagging to force myself to vote for her ??

All I can say, she'd better have a fucking devastating (and TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) November 7th surprise for Trump to pull this off. She's going to have to conclusively neuter him, and it has to be something legit.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

This undermining of Hillary doesn't have anything to do with her opposition's hairy orange asshole, does it? I mean, sure, she's like -eww- a politician. But her bad qualities just mean she brings the right skill set to the job.
Additionally, what is it, like 13 contrary factual examples to get someone to change their mind on something they've already decided?

Well, in the case of Hillary, are we going to see a corollary to that cited after a (possible) Trump win ??

It would take 13 'scandals' to get some hard core party first type to change their vote.

Go do the math on Hillary and see where she's at now . . . . .

(November 4, 2016 at 2:49 pm)Whateverist Wrote: This undermining of Hillary doesn't have anything to do with her opposition's hairy orange asshole, does it?  I mean, sure, she's like -eww- a politician.  But her bad qualities just mean she brings  the right skill set to the job.

So, being in the pocket of big business, the prison industrial complex and Wall St. are good skills to have?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
That's the thing, she's a particular -type- of politician.  Omitting that is, more accurately, undermining Hillary, because even if we don;t want to acknowledge her -entire- body of work, she worked very hard at it, and deserves the credit* for it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 4, 2016 at 2:57 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(November 4, 2016 at 2:49 pm)Whateverist Wrote: This undermining of Hillary doesn't have anything to do with her opposition's hairy orange asshole, does it?  I mean, sure, she's like -eww- a politician.  But her bad qualities just mean she brings  the right skill set to the job.

So, being in the pocket of big business, the prison industrial complex and Wall St. are good skills to have?

No but being able to negotiate with big business et al is important for anyone wishing to lead away from the status quo toward something better.  Merely condemning the players in the current drama for their excesses when the law allows it is unproductive.  You can't get to somewhere better by touting lofty moral values and expecting those currently benefitting from it to just apologize and desist.  Won't happen.  Nor can you just lock up the ones who would deserve it in a perfectly moral world.  In this world you have to first shape the laws to enforce the changes you want to see.  Contrary to what the repubs are always harping on, regulations are important - even if we can all think of instances when they are not convenient.  You need someone with some aptitude for policy wonking.  She's pretty good and she is married to someone even better.  (And I don't think Bill will be baking cookies in his capacity as first spouse any more than she did.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 981 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  make friends with both washington and moscow Interaktive 8 954 March 22, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36686 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Can the polarization between Democrats and Republicans in the U.S. be reversed? Angrboda 36 5617 December 4, 2018 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Difference between Pompeo and 45.... Brian37 3 611 July 23, 2018 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Should Hillary Run in 2020? John V 40 6171 July 19, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The Rights disdain of Hillary, where does it come from? GODZILLA 89 11456 March 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  “F*ck Chaffetz, f*ck Jordan,” Boehner said to Alberta. “They’re both a**holes.” Minimalist 3 528 October 29, 2017 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Tell Me Once More Progressives That Hillary and the WLB are "The Same" Minimalist 67 13640 October 26, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Yes, Progressives. No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 12 1414 August 2, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13