Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray is busted lyin' for Jesus
Ray is busted lyin' for Jesus
I don't normally watch atheist videos, but an episode of The Bible Reloaded popped up on my YouTube home page that caught my attention.  Ray Comfort was calling them out and daring them to review his movie "The Atheist Delusion," but the interesting part was that he made a certain claim about the movie when he calls them out.  I googled it and found the same claim on his official Facebook page.  Notice the text in the upper right portion of the graphic.  He claims the movie will be "broadcast worldwide to 680 million households in over 200 countries," which is truly a miracle considering that even if you recognize Taiwan as a country, there are only 196 on the whole planet!  Praise Jesus!

To be fair to Ray, though, given his history, it is entirely possible that he's just too goddamn stupid to know better.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Ray is busted lyin' for Jesus
Yeah, never attribute to malice what you can blame on stupidity.

Honestly, when's the last time he did anything where he stated any "Facts" (anything potentially verifiable) and he didn't fuck up once, either out of idiocy or deliberately distorting the truth (and it's usually both)?

Seems to me somebody's falling afoul of Revelation 21:8 damn near every time he opens his mouth.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 4, 2016 at 6:49 pm)Faith No More Wrote: He claims the movie will be "broadcast worldwide to 680 million households in over 200 countries," which is truly a miracle considering that even if you recognize Taiwan as a country, there are only 196 on the whole planet!  Praise Jesus!

To be fair to Ray, though, given his history, it is entirely possible that he's just too goddamn stupid to know better.

He's catering to his audience. I very much doubt that they know how many countries there are on earth. I guess my country's channels will fall over themselves to lay their hands on the broadcasting rights. Well, maybe the Hystery channel can do a lot of damage since I'm sure they'll pick up on it. Probably in one of the Olly Steeds segments where he goes to yet another bottom of real history in the literal sense of the word.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 4, 2016 at 6:49 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I don't normally watch atheist videos, but an episode of The Bible Reloaded popped up on my YouTube home page that caught my attention.  Ray Comfort was calling them out and daring them to review his movie "The Atheist Delusion," but the interesting part was that he made a certain claim about the movie when he calls them out.  I googled it and found the same claim on his official Facebook page.  Notice the text in the upper right portion of the graphic.  He claims the movie will be "broadcast worldwide to 680 million households in over 200 countries," which is truly a miracle considering that even if you recognize Taiwan as a country, there are only 196 on the whole planet!  Praise Jesus!

When has Ray ever told the truth about anything...
Oh thank god. I thought this was going to be about Ray Stevens. phew!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Quote:He's catering to his audience. I very much doubt that they know how many countries there are on earth.

Most of them think there is only one.

[Image: america.gif]
(November 4, 2016 at 8:27 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Oh thank god. I thought this was going to be about Ray Stevens. phew!

Of worse yet, Ray Conniff.

(November 4, 2016 at 8:27 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Oh thank god. I thought this was going to be about Ray Stevens. phew!

Ask and ye shall receive..... ( isn't that what Dripshit always says?)

https://youtu.be/pLB15kBvn_c
This might be more in keeping with the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drMMBE6KRbI
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Anti-Gay Preacher In My Hometown Was Busted On Grindr Faith No More 50 14035 May 25, 2015 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7180 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  And for the Science Types....Famed Asshole, Ray Comfort Minimalist 16 5769 March 24, 2014 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Im back! - Ray Comfort and Ken Ham & Bill Nye and Ken Ham Debate thoughts xr34p3rx 2 1632 March 9, 2014 at 3:47 am
Last Post: xr34p3rx
  Ray Comfort may be a bigger scumbag than previously imagined. Rev. Rye 8 4095 January 9, 2014 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Ray Comfort apparently is not a fan of books. Ryantology 17 5149 April 6, 2013 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7362 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist